Author Topic: Logitech C170  (Read 3819 times)

Nelson0000

• View Profile
Logitech C170
« on: June 29, 2012, 02:39:26 PM »
Hi All

Can anyone one else confirm that the Logitech C170 does not work with icam source. Can't see video picture. But it does display "Logitech camera 2" in the video drop down selection box. (using Mac mini latest version  and shows up with skype)

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 02:48:58 PM by Nelson0000 »

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Logitech C170
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 02:50:21 PM »
How many USB webcams are you using? I'm not very familiar with Macs, so I'm sure one of the SKJM guys will jump in....but I do know that there is an issue with the USB bus power output being too low to power more than 1 or 2 cameras. If you have multiple cameras, try removing one and then see if you can see the C170. For the most part, virtually any USB camera should work with iCam...

Nelson0000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 03:02:39 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply I only got 1 another USB cam "teckNet 5 megapixel" cheapy bought from amazon while back (817 comments on it) .... That works fine but I've unplugged that and restarted icam source to see if that helps. Wanna avoid a reboot of mac as used as server and have to restart lots of applications.. Just bought this one as was in a sale today.. Did have a airlink 101 ip cam which was great but had to return back to friend :0(

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 08:13:54 PM »
Are you currently able to access the Logitech C170 via another video capture software?

Nelson0000

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 08:12:04 AM »
Hi thanks for reply .. Yes it works on Skype I since managed to get it to work by resetting icamsource few times but what I have noticed (on mac mini) from the USB ports I can only seem to run 1 web cam at time is this correct? I have 8g of ram and am connected straight of USB ports ie no hub.. When I connected a second web cam that works it will disable the other current web cam connected to icamsource and displays an error on iPhone/iPad app say connection not possible..

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 08:16:21 AM »
Can you view (on your computer) one of the USB cameras in icamsource at the same time as viewing the other camera in another program (like Skype)? If not, it's likely the dreaded USB hub power issue with the Mac Mini's. I can't remember if anyone had any luck with powered USB hubs. I don't think they did, though. SKJM?

Nelson0000

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 09:01:08 AM »
Hi OUAnthony

Just tried it this is what happens ... Icamsource currently working fine with my tecknet cam, I stop icamsource and plug in Logitech cam check it's working iChat all ok, then start up icamsource Logitech cam works but tecknet stops (frozen video pic). I then connect to my iPhone app and displays just the 1 cam (Logitech one) then after few secs get the following error MSG on iPhone "source connection error"

Think your right mate about the USB hub power issue for mac mini's :0( ... Pretty sure I had this set up working my pc (windows7/ 4g ram) and worked fine with 2 cameras connected.. If get some time I'll try connect back up to pc to see if both web cams work

Cheers