Author Topic: Webcam system works for 1 or 2 hours  (Read 1551 times)

Buck

• View Profile
Webcam system works for 1 or 2 hours
« on: June 15, 2012, 10:39:55 AM »
then I get the "source connection error" message the rest of the day, even though I've done nothing but view the cams on my iphone-3g.

Any suggestions?

p.s. I have a dial-up connection.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Webcam system works for 1 or 2 hours
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 06:02:34 PM »
Make sure that your computer isn't configured to go into Sleep or Hibernate mode after a period of inactivity. If your computer is asleep, the iCamSource will not be actively running, and you will not be able to connect.

Also, is your dial-up possibly losing its connection?

Buck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 09:05:42 AM »
My computer is configured not to go into sleep mode & I can see that my dialup connection has not been lost on days I get the "source connection error" message.  Any other suggestions? I am assuming I have everything set up properly as all my cameras are working for at least some period of time.  Several times my icam will work, then the "source connection error" message appears, then a couple of hours later the cameras are working again.

I tried icam a couple of years ago & had the same problem I'm having now.  I guess I thought with the updated version the "source connection eroor" issue would have been resolved.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 09:57:04 AM »
If you click the stop/start button in icamsource, can you then resume viewing on iCam via your 3g connection, or do you have to disconnect your modem/Internet connection and dial in again?

Buck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 10:52:30 AM »
Haven't tried that as I am at work & the source computer is at home. I'm sure that I don't lose the internet connection as the IP address is the same after I receive the "source connection error" message.  I usually check the IP address when I get home after work to see if it has changed.