Author Topic: Icamsource Crash On Start Up - Freezeing - not responding  (Read 1276 times)

joegotti

• View Profile
Icamsource Crash On Start Up - Freezeing - not responding
« on: May 15, 2012, 11:50:35 AM »
Just purchased the app today and downloaded accompanying program for Windows 7 64bit.

First initial run application worked as it should, so I did not press the refund button in Google Play. I ended up doing a reboot, and now every time I start Icamsource it freezes. Program opens I click start camera attempts to start indicated by the light coming on, but no picture on the Icamsorce viewer. ICsorce then freezes and will not accept any input. I tried the registry suggestions cleanIkey from other posts, but no success. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling along with the other versions again no success.

I trouble shooted my cam and it works as it should taking pictuers and videos. Why does this program have a problem with reboots? How can I fix it?

Win7 64, up to date.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Icamsource Crash On Start Up - Freezeing - not responding
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 09:16:37 PM »
Is your webcam plugged into a USB hub or extension cable? If so, please try plugging it directly into the computer.

Make sure that Windows is fully updated through Windows Update and that you have the latest drivers installed for your webcam.

Also, please make sure there aren't any other video capture programs (such as Skype) running. They might be fighting iCamSource for access to the camera.

joegotti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 09:51:23 PM »
No skype installed, and Cam is pluged into the tower not a hub and no other video programs on my computer.

It worked on the first try, but never after I rebooted. I also uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but it is always the exact SAMe version.  2.4.4 beta when I tried to install the 1.xx

UPDATE: Problem solved. My web cams built in software was the problem. It worked the first time with the software installed, but I ineded up uninstalling and recreating the problem. IE Worked once and then started crashing. In uninstalled the software and just installed the drivers. Problem solved.

Brand of camera was Logitech Quickcam IM.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:11:43 AM by joegotti »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 04:26:08 PM »
Is Windows fully updated through Windows Update and do you have the latest drivers installed for your webcam?

Also, it sounds like the iCamSource window may be hidden. When you close the iCamSource window, the iCamSource program still runs in the background. If the iCamSource window is hidden, there will be a small iCamSource icon in the System Tray (Windows). The icon is a small version of the iCam icon (camera lens). From this icon, you can stop, start, or quit iCamSource. If you select "Preferences" it will display the iCamSource window.