Author Topic: Unstable All Of A Sudden  (Read 2507 times)

rkivz

• View Profile
Unstable All Of A Sudden
« on: November 02, 2011, 02:26:01 AM »
First Let Me Say That I've Been Using iCam For Over A Year Now And It Is By Far The Best App Out There. Your Tech Support Is Priceless And Has, In The Past, ALWAYS Corrected My Problems. I'm Hoping For Another Solution This Time So Here's My Problem:
 I've Been Running iCam Source 2.2.3 On An XP PC And App 2.0.1 On An iPhone 3GS. A Few Days Ago, That PC Fried, Forcing Me To Buy A New System. I Purchased One With Windows 7 (Which I'm Not Too Familiar With) And After Plugging My Cameras (3 Logitech QuickCam S5500) In, One By One So The Drivers Were Identified, I Loaded iCam Source 2.2.3 Again. The First Day, Every Thing Was Fine, I Was Able To See All 3 Through Edge/3G/WiFi. Over The Last Few Days, Edge/3G Have Become Flaky. I'll Open The App And Only 2 Cameras Will Come Through, Refresh, And I'll Get The "Broker Connection Error", Refresh Again, I'll Get "No Internet Connection Detected" Error (When I Have Full Bars On 3G), Refresh Yet Again, And All My Cameras Come Up And Stream Just Fine. Go Back Minutes Later And I Get The "Source Connection Error", Refresh, And 2 Cameras Show Up, Refresh Again, All 3 Show Up. I'm Not Sure What's Causing This. Is It Maybe A Security Setting In Windows 7 I'm Not Familiar With? I Have The "Auto-Config Router" Button Checked And It Shows Success, Just As It Did Before. Since It's A New PC, I Amended The New IP Address In My Router For The Port Range To Allow iCam. My Connection To iCam Source Works Just Fine On A WiFi Network, Mine Or Elsewhere. On A Side Note, When I Pull Up iCam On 3G/Edge, It Takes A Lot Longer Then Usual To Load. My First Thought Was Tower Issues With AT&T. Further Trouble Shooting Proved That Other Web-Based Apps And Some Pages Were Taking A Lot Longer To Load As Well. I Contacted AT&T Support Who Gave Me No Immediate Explanation, But Said They Would Look Into It Within The Next 48 Hours. I'm Hoping That Is The Problem And That It Will Correct Itself, But Would Very Much Appreciate Any Help Or Advice From A Forum I Have Had Such Great Success From In The Past. Please Let Me Know If There Is Anything I Have Overlooked Or Anything I Can Do To Fix This Problem. Thank You Very Much For Your Time And Expertise, As Always!

Ryan

rkivz

• View Profile
Re: Unstable All Of A Sudden
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 09:56:24 PM »
AT&T Finally Returned My Call And Confirmed The Problem Was One Their End. Tower Work Was Being Done In My Area And That Service Would Return To Normal Soon, Which It Has. Thanks To All Who Took Time To Read My Post. iCam Tech Support Has Always Been Incredible!

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 10:08:54 PM »
Wow...you got AT&T tech support: 1) on the phone 2) to find out what the problem 3) to call you back in order to communicate the issue with you. Teach us your ways! haha

rkivz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 02:00:19 AM »
Lol! Thanks OUAnthony! They Are Tricky! My First Return Call From Them Was Shortly Before 5pm, I Called Right Back Only To Find Their Tech Support Department Had Closed Just Minutes Ago. But, Over The Next Hour, I Received 2 Other "Follow Up" Calls To See If The Issue Had Been Resolved And Was Encouraged To Call Tech Support Immediately To Report My Progress, Only Again To Find, You Guessed It, That Department Closed An Hour Ago. The Next Day, I Finally Pinned Someone Down And Got Some Answers. Just Happy Service Has Returned To Normal And iCam Is Running Strong.