Author Topic: PC utility to review videos  (Read 2501 times)

Icamuser

• View Profile
PC utility to review videos
« on: July 14, 2011, 12:11:08 PM »
Has anyone found a useful utility for reviewing and deleting motion videos?

When on the road I use the iPhone to check but when home I like to take a quick look and then delete.  Since the motion videos are files for frames within a folder, it takes a lot of mousing and clicking back and forth to do a review and then delete. I use my Win7 laptop to get to the directory on the iCamsource  XP laptop with Windows Explorer.
Thanks

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: PC utility to review videos
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 02:24:38 PM »
If you require a video file of a motion recording, there are many video authoring programs available to create video files from a set of JPEG images. 

On Mac computers, you can use the iMovie application. A forum user posted instructions for creating videos using iMovie here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=641.0

On Windows, you can use the Movie Maker application.  There are several tutorials available if you search Google for "movie maker import jpg tutorial"  Here are links to a couple of them:

http://www.andydickinson.net/2006/12/11/creating-a-slideshow-using-windows-movie-maker/

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1580267/a_windows_movie_maker_tutorial_creating.html

Icamuser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »
In some cases that would be helpful.  I find that managing the motion records is a pain. Each motion event creates a folder and within the folder are the motion frames. I am looking for a faster less tedious method to take a quick look at and delete the motion event folder if the image frames are of no significance.

The camera that watches the back alley catches lots of motion, some real, some headlight reflections of a car making a U turn, some from the alley cats out mousing and some from real people looking for items to steal (Baltimore City).  I want to click through the motion folders and see the frames to tell if I should look at the detail or just delete.

Perhaps a picture management software would enable this to be done rather than clicking back and forth.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 06:23:35 PM »
Thank you for that suggestion. We'll add it to the list of potential features to add to iCamSource in the future.

fucawe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 07:22:22 PM »
On a PC just use Office Picture Manager.  I grab the folders I want to view from dropbox (I never work with the icam folder to make sure I don't break the dropbox hooks) and then download as a zip.  Dump the unzipped folders into a new folder on the desktop.  Locate the folder that contains your pictures. Right-click the folder and select Create Shortcut. Drag the shortcut to your desktop.  Right-click the shortcut, select Open With and then click Microsoft Office Picture Manager.  Double click the shortcut.  Goto film view blow up the image using the slider and right arrow as fast as you can review.  It takes longer to type than to get started reviewing images.

On a Mac it's even faster. I grab the folders I want to view from dropbox (I never work with the icam folder to make sure I don't break the dropbox hooks) and then download as a zip. Open the downloaded zip in Finder, copy file to the desktop (I just dump it here to make it easier to clean up at the end).  Locate and open the folder that contains your pictures in finder and search (upper right corner of Finder) for jpg (or what ever you are using).  Select the folder vs the whole harddrive.  Command-a to select all images in the search results.  Option right click on one of the images and select Slideshow xxx images.  Arrow through as fast as you can review.  Again takes longer to type than to actually start reviewing images.