Author Topic: SKJM.com/icam/web/ - works with IE on W7 but no longer with Safari/FF on Mac  (Read 2210 times)

ProfessorM

• View Profile
Downloaded latest Java update on my Mac browsers and the web view of SKJM.com/icam no longer works (although the iCam source is running OK on a Mac and I can see the cameras fine on iOS and IE 9/W7 platforms.  Short of going back to a previous version of Java for Mac OS X.71, anything anyone can suggest?  I used to run a Safari Window on a Mac in the Kitchen (used as a TV with EyeTV) so that one outside camera is viewable in the browser window - but now, unless I use the same Kitchen Mac to run iCam Source, can't see any cameras in the browser (message says connecting but never does).  Worked great until  a few days ago!

Thanks.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What error message are you seeing when you are unable to connect: No Sources Found, Broker Connection Error, or Source Connection Error?

For more information about iCam error messages and possible fixes, please go here: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:13:12 AM by Stefan »

ProfessorM

• View Profile
Problem solved!   It was the latest Apple Mac Java Update (for all browsers, Safari and Firefox).  Apparently the latest update requires you to "Allow Interactive Plugins" the next time you use them, and then close/reopen the browser.  I discovered this when another website popped up the message "Interactive Plugin Required ->" and when I clicked on it, it changed the setting and had me restart the browser.  Now works AOK.  Note that the SKJM.com/icam/web/ did not show this message until today.  Anyway, all is well.  Thanks for a great system!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'm glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.