Author Topic: Icam on computers at different locations?  (Read 2531 times)

SeanJ

• View Profile
Icam on computers at different locations?
« on: February 21, 2012, 01:54:20 PM »
Hi, i've been using icam for a couple of years now, love the program - my question is: my boss has asked me to install it on his showroom computers (at  his shop) and also at his home. I run all my own cams in my home (on the same network) so would i be right in thinking that as long as each of his comps is set up with icam source running and using the same username/passwords that this should work? I'm clear that port forwarding on both routers would have to be in place - but I guess that numerous computers could be setup as they all funnel through the icam server?

Can anyone tell me if i'm on the right track here before i wade in to this please ?  :)

Sean

aen333

• View Profile
Re: Icam on computers at different locations?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 03:05:51 PM »
You are correct.  :)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Icam on computers at different locations?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 09:55:22 PM »
That is correct. You can view multiple cameras from different computers simultaneously if you use the exact same login and password for all of the cameras. When you use that same login/password in iCam on your iPhone, it will show all of the cameras that are using that exact login/password.

Keep in mind, if you are running iCamSource(s) on more than one computer on the same network then you will need to use (and forward) a separate port range for each computer. (We recommend using 12000-12100, 12200-12300, 12400-12500, etc.) For more information about forwarding ports please see this forum post: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0