Author Topic: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error  (Read 236781 times)

krnyr

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error
« Reply #225 on: April 12, 2012, 05:51:13 AM »
I have tried it with that option unchecked and was told to check it, then i was told to download that file so Port Forwarding showed up on ICam source machine and that doesnt work. Why isnt there a logical manual to walk people thru the setup??? I thought this was a simple plug and play app from Itunes store, its far from that as evidenced by the volumes of forum posts with similar problems. Who is going to make this work, I have a life other than fighting with a $6.00 simple to install APP. Someone give me a solid answer soon.

krnyr

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 12, 2012, 09:44:14 AM »
Ive now enabled UPNP as i was told, then i got the port forwarding installed and it says 12000...12100, and i am now lucky enough to not be able to see any camera at any time. I wish Support people would be available at times when I am home by source computer and would dedicate time until it was solved. Right now its being done one email at a time, then i wait till next day, go to work, find out what the new error is and then email support again, its like 2 day turn around for one question. Just want them to take customers seriously.

krnyr

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 16, 2012, 12:56:05 PM »
As a last update..........Now I have no cameras.........Off to try GoToCamera....

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 16, 2012, 11:33:08 PM »
Thank you for your posts.

iCam does "just work" for the majority of users, but there are network setups that do require some additional configuration.

We do take our customers very seriously and apologize for your frustration. Unfortunately, we are a small company, so we are only able to provide email support at this time.

dma

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 23, 2012, 08:02:17 PM »
My icam worked perfectly when in Fla. Now in MA and can get a complete connection in wifi with the auto config unchecked. but not in 3g. With auto config checked I get this message.
NAT-PMP Dual NAT ext_ip:192,168.1.34
NAT is enabled . I installed icamsource 1.4.2.6 BETA

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 23, 2012, 09:11:40 PM »
Is the computer, running iCamSource, now on a different network?

The Dual NAT error message indicates that there are two routers on your local network. It's possible that you have a router that is connected to a modem that has an integrated router. iCamSource is able to auto-configure the router that it's connected to, but the other router is still blocking the traffic. The solution is to put one of the devices into Bridge Mode (turn off the routing functionality).

If you have a second router, what is the Brand/Model of that router? What is the Brand/Model of your DSL/cable modem?

kitty

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 05, 2012, 08:52:25 AM »
I have downloaded icam source and icam on my iPad.
I have checked that UPnP is enabled, I have deleted added enabled everything that has been provided yet it still says the following:-
Source Connection Error
one or more of the Icamsources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to.

At iCam source I am connected to server and I have UPnP success 12000>12000

Right now it feels like I have spent £2.99 and 2 hours of my life on something that simply does not work!

Please could you provide some assistance asap or please arrange for a refund for the app

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
The UPnP success message indicates that the port has been opened successfully in the router. The port might be blocked by another router on the network. Are there any other routers on the network? What are the Brand/Model of all routers on the network? What is the Brand/Model of your cable/DSL modem? Some modems have an integrated router that could cause this problem.

It's also possible that the router is in a bad state. You can check that by rebooting the router. To do that, unplug the router's power cable for about ten seconds, then plug the power cable back in. Once the router has rebooted, try running iCamSource again.

klh360

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 07, 2012, 01:13:43 AM »
Hey guys, I Luv the App! It's great for keeping an eye on my cat while I'm out of town and also providing a little peace of mind that my house isn't being broken into ;D

Now about the "Source Connection Error" message. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not yet but...

If you are like I was and cannot connect through wifi or 3g. Try UNCHECKING the "Auto-Config Router" checkbox and then restart iCam.

Once I did this it started right up and works with both 3g and wifi now. I'm sure like most things this won't fix it for everybody but hopefully it will help a few people out there.

Cheers, Happy cat watching! :D

Pcar7

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 10, 2012, 04:40:44 PM »
I have read and implemented all of the suggestions on this board to correct the error with no success.  What's next?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 10, 2012, 11:27:01 PM »
I have read and implemented all of the suggestions on this board to correct the error with no success.  What's next?

Do you ever see that error message when your phone is connected to the same local Wi-Fi network as the computer running iCamSource?

If you already have port forwarding configured on your router, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12001 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is "open." If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

Also, please send a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration to support@skjm.com. Please reference this post and your username.

Pcar7

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 11, 2012, 08:15:25 AM »
Thank you for the quick response. Background on my issue: I am running iCamsource on a Dell XP Laptop. I am running the iCam App on a gen 1 iPad. I have a Cisco / Linksys L1000 wireless router for my network at home.  When I use the same WiFi network it works fine. The problem is when I have iCamsource running on my home WiFi and the App on my iPad running 3G.  I have done the port forwarding as suggested with all permutations of checking and un-checking Auto Config Router / Port Forwading. When I get home this evening I will do what you've suggested and e-mail my Config screen shot. The IP address I put into the router Config for Port Forwarding is my laptop's address, not the public IP address of the router. I know this shouldn't matter, but I just want to be as specific as possible. Thank you again.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:01:50 AM by Pcar7 »

Pcar7

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 11, 2012, 05:27:10 PM »
I ran the port checker and it tells me that the port is blocked. I will take a screen shot of my router config and send it to you. Hopefully you'll be able to pick out what I'm doing wrong.

Pcar7

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 11, 2012, 06:08:21 PM »
I found the solution. I had set the forwarding under the Single Port Forwarding tab. I noticed this when I went to do the screen print and switched to the Port Forwarding Range tab. now all is working. Thank you for the help.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 11, 2012, 06:51:31 PM »
I'm glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.