Author Topic: iTunes music doesn't resume after leaving iCam App.  (Read 2046 times)

themacjedi

• View Profile
iTunes music doesn't resume after leaving iCam App.
« on: August 09, 2009, 03:09:59 PM »
Since the iTunes music doesn't resume after looking at iCam with audio enabled can you add the option to enable the audio when actually viewing a video source? That way I can see a webcam up close and if there's nothing to hear (no people) then I haven't turned off the iPod?

Unless you can make iTunes resume after viewing an audio source.

Thanks, great app.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iTunes music doesn't resume after leaving iCam App.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 10:13:24 PM »
I believe the way that it works with the playing of background iPod music is that it will continue to play behind other apps as long as those apps don't attempt to play any other sounds or music.

If your iCamSource is not streaming any audio (if "No Audio" is selected or if it is an MJPEG-comaptible network IP camera) or if you have Audio disabled in iCam then you should still be able to play iPod music in the background.

There really isn't any control (from an application standpoint) to tell the iPod music to "resume" when an app closes that I know of ... It's more of a "the iPod will keep playing until something interrupts it" kind of thing. :)

themacjedi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 09:44:01 AM »
OK, so does that mean you can move the disable sound option to the viewing screen? That way I can look at a cam without sound so it doesn't mess with my music, but if I see something in the cam I want to listen too I can enable it right there?

Having to leave the viewing cam to enable and disable sound is not quite as efficient.

Great app, thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 01:29:22 PM »
Well, that is something I can add to the list of potential features to implement in the future. :)