Author Topic: UDP Connection Error  (Read 3684 times)

jonpriority

• View Profile
UDP Connection Error
« on: January 09, 2012, 07:20:24 AM »
Hi, I have been using Icam for a few weeks now and it has been working great,However this morning all of a sudden it comes up with (your network may be preventing you from making a UDP connection to the iCam Server)I have made no changes to my computer or router since!. Please help as I have been on the forum+support and still cant get it working. I look forward to your reply,thankyou.

johnlang

• View Profile
Re: UDP Connection Error
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 07:32:43 AM »
Same problem, noticed at 5:40AM.  Rebooted my router, killed icam source, rebooted PC, restarted icam source.  No improvement.  Have been using for 2+ years with no issues.

dreslism

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 07:43:48 AM »
I am having the same issue this morning.  Worked fine all day yesterday, tried to bring up camera today from iPhone and got the blocking error.

Just spent an hour trying everything, including forwarding all kinds of udp ports on my router with no luck.  I had changed NOTHING since yesterday when all worked fine.

Glad to see these messages here, wish I would have seen them before I wasted an hour!

Also rebooted everything this morning also, and no luck.

rickdean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 07:46:26 AM »
Good Morning -

Same here.  No problems yesterday (or for the last few weeks for that matter).  No changes to my router or firewall settings.  The UDP error pops up or sometimes nothing at all.  I suspect it is on their server side.  Hopefully someone is monitoring this board.  In the meantime I'll contact support.

I should also mention that this error occurs whether or not I am connecting via wi-fi (on the same network) or via 3G.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 07:51:57 AM by rickdean »

alan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 07:49:15 AM »
I BELIVE THERE SERVER IS DOWN AS I CAN NOT CONNECT TO MY CAMERA THAT ARE BASED IN 2 DIFFERENT LOCATIONS. IF YOU REWSTART APP IT WILL NOT CONNECT.

Kressley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 08:37:57 AM »
Same here.  I also started a post about it...

Kressley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 09:54:56 AM »
Mine is back up now and working again....

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 10:21:10 AM »
iCam did experience some downtime early this morning due to an issue the servers were having with the Android C2DM notifications server. The servers are back up and running while we further investigate the issue. I do apologize for the interruption in service.

mbasham

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 10:48:42 AM »
iCam did experience some downtime early this morning due to an issue the servers were having with the Android C2DM notifications server. The servers are back up and running while we further investigate the issue. I do apologize for the interruption in service.

Glad this issue is being addressed.  I bought the app yesterday had it working then this morning it went down.  Spent an hour trying to get it to work and reconfiging my router.  Glad its not on my end was going to be a little upset if I coudlt get it working and wasted money on it.

App is great I use it to watch my new puppy during the day to see what he does all day long in his cage.  So far its not so good he has been getting tormented by the kittens all day hahaha.  Gunna have to start closing the door to that room when we leave now that I see what happens.

jonpriority

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 01:45:11 PM »
Up and running again now ,thankyou.Just glad it wasnt anything at my end.