Author Topic: Possible feature suggestion  (Read 5317 times)

steveken

• View Profile
Possible feature suggestion
« on: January 08, 2012, 02:26:29 PM »
It occurred to me the other day that it would be wonderful to be able to speak back to the person/thing that I am seeing on the camera through the computer speakers.

For instance, say my cat is up on a table that I don't want it to be. I would love to be able to shout at it to get down through the speakers on the desktop. Or to tell my son to stop doing something I catch him doing.

How hard would it be for you guys to add something in to the application that will allow the user to push a button to record a short message and then transmit it out through the speakers of the computer you are looking at???? I think it would add enormous value to the application if this was there. Please, let me know.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Possible feature suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 03:58:22 PM »
Two way audio has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.

steveken

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 04:40:49 PM »
wanna slip it in there in a private beta so a couple of us could test it out? :)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 12:23:03 AM »
Unfortunately, we do not have any immediate plans to develop this feature.

steveken

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 08:47:03 AM »
So, which is it, is it something on a list of stuff for the future? Or do you not have any plans to develop it? Seems like two different things.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 10:10:59 AM »
It is on the list but not something we are currently working on.

ac1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 07:42:32 PM »
I would really like this feature as well.  I'm looking at other systems (and unfortunately more expensive ones) just so I will have the capability to talk back.  Please implement 2 way audio!!

dobry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 05:37:22 PM »
possible features:
- password protection
- switch on/off camera and audio remotely (This to prevent insane internet traffic. Also, on MacBook there is a led on, when camera is recording, what a thief could notice before we're watching).

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 09:38:34 PM »
possible features:
- password protection
- switch on/off camera and audio remotely (This to prevent insane internet traffic. Also, on MacBook there is a led on, when camera is recording, what a thief could notice before we're watching).

Are you referring to users needing a login/password to access iCamSource on the computer? If so, that is not a feature that has been requested. We will add it to the list.

A remote Stop/Start feature has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.

Unfortunately, the green iSight light is something that is controlled by the hardware, we don't have any ability to disable it.

dobry

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 09:49:21 AM »
Thank you Support.
Actually I meant a password protection for the iCam app. On the computer it would also be nice.
I know that you can not disable the iSight light, I just mentioned it as a reason for the start/stop feature.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 10:34:24 AM »
Thank you for the clarification. We we add the option to have a password in iCam to our list.

Luxury

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 11:57:41 AM »
I would like to add a possible feature for future releases as well please!

Ability to sort all motion detection images into 1 folder or 1 folder per/day instead of multiple folders (easier to make timelapse videos)

Thanks!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 01:12:14 AM »
Thank you for your suggestion. We will add it to our list of potential features to implement in the future.

Chiny

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 05:36:34 AM »
 What I would like  :D is a way of deferring the start up of iCamSource after clicking on the start menu item (or icon), so that I have time to get out of range of the various cameras.   Currently I always end up triggering a few photos, which clog up my DropBox account and irritatingly, leave a number (of movements detected) on the iPhone icon.

Great s/w though and I use it daily and have been for ages.

Teresa

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 05:40:19 AM »
It's a nice peace of soft, but I am personaly still missing some features:

1. the feature to show on some corner date and time information with seconds like on any IP cam and better soft.
2. to let use higher resolution the 640 x 480 px
3. support for widescreen 16:9(10) webcam for example like Microsoft HD-3000... (without aspect ratio deformation)
4. possibility to send motion events like .mov etc to the specific ftp account
5. ability to stop/pause iCam Sources apps on host computers through the iCam app in iOS
6. in settings of picture quality vs. frame rate and motion checking (often/less often) I'd like to see some exact values for example "1x per second" etc.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:46:58 AM by Teresa »