Author Topic: Possible feature suggestion  (Read 5319 times)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Possible feature suggestion
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 10:22:43 PM »
Thank you for your feedback.

1. A desktop version of iCam has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.

2. Video quality/framerate is based on bandwidth limitations imposed by Apple. Apple limits it to 640 x 480 for bandwidth purposes.

3. Support for Widescreen aspect ration is another feature that has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.

4. Currently Motion Events are saved as JPEGs. Support of motion formats and the option to email them automatically has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.

5. There is not a way to remotely turn on iCamSource through the iPad or the iCam software but some of our users use VNC to Start/Stop iCamSource remotely.

6. Framerate can very dependent on the type and quality of connection.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Teresa

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 12:54:22 AM »
640x480 px is caused by Apple limitations you wrote a lot of times. I am running icam on Windows so my question is still the same. Why can't we use higher resolution on win systems?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 12:49:26 AM »
The image captured from your webcam is resized in iCamSource to fit on the iPhone screen (640x480) before it's sent to iCam. The image in iCamSource is meant as a preview of what you should see in iCam. As previously mentioned, a version of iCam (with better resolution) has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.