Author Topic: Configuration with 2 cameras - iCAM shows 9 squares  (Read 2391 times)

belanger

• View Profile
Configuration with 2 cameras - iCAM shows 9 squares
« on: December 31, 2011, 12:23:06 AM »
Ever since  I added a secondary camera, the iCAM (v2.1.1) on my iPad2 started change from the default 2x2 camera view to 3x3 and once it even showed me a 4x4 !!!

Can you please check to have that fix in the next release.

Thank you.

belanger

• View Profile
Re: Configuration with 2 cameras - iCAM shows 9 squares
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 01:12:39 AM »
To reproduce this issue with a 2 cameras configuration.

_ Stop both iCamSource and iCam on the iPad.

_ iCamSource -> Start
_ Launch iCam on the iPad

You should now have a 2x2

_ iCamSource -> Stop
[ Wait for iPad to show : Connection Closed ]
_ iCamSource -> Start

_ iPad -> press on the (i) to open the iCam Options screen, press again to force iCam to reconnect.

You should now have a 3x3

If you follow this again, you'll have a 4x4 screen with only 2 cameras.

iCam v2.1.1
iCamSource 2.4.3

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 02:08:29 AM »
They discussed this issue in another thread a while back. If I remember correctly, the issue is caused by the cache in the broker server....it stores your connection information for a certain amount of time (I think it's updated every 30 seconds?). When you disconnect/reconnect quickly, the initial info in the cache isn't cleared...so it thinks you have more cameras than you actually do, which results in the additional cells in iCam. 4x4 is the max, as 16 cameras is the max supported. Do you only have the issue when you click stop/start in icamsource? You might try closing icamsource for 10 minutes or so, then re-run it and see if iCam is back to the 2x2 format...and see if it stays that way (without clicking stop/start in icamsource). Hope this helps you diagnose the issue. If not, I'm sure the SKJM guys will respond soon.

belanger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 02:42:46 AM »
Thanx for the follow up, appreciated.  If I'd have the source code of this application, I'd add a way to prevent this to happen.  Ok it's not super important, compare to my other sluggish video issue -- and if course, if I wouldn't have that sluggish issue I wouldn't have done so many stop/start.

A "less severity issue" but still needs a little work here.

Pierre

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 09:58:47 AM »
Yes, after waiting a minute the additional cameras will timeout and be removed from the server.

belanger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 11:29:30 AM »
1 minute timeout is fair enough -- my biggest complain isn't this one, I wanted to report it in case you had an "easy" fix.

Pierre