Author Topic: Not able to view ICam over 3g Long time user.  (Read 4298 times)

Toderi

• View Profile
Not able to view ICam over 3g Long time user.
« on: December 01, 2011, 06:34:43 PM »
Just yesterday I tried to view Icam over 3g and only one cam showed up. I then exited the app and came back in but then it hung and eventually gave me an error "Source connection error One or more of the Icam sources returned by the Icam broker server could not be connected to."
I have been running this app for years without any issues. I was running 2.3.? and it was working great.
On my wifi it works fine.  I did the auto config and it connected with the message "UpnP Success 12002->12002"
I powered down and rebooted both my linysys E3000 router and the comcast modem to no avail.
I have since removed and reinstalled icam on Iphone 4s. And uninstalled Icam source 2.3.? and then installed the latest 2.4.2
Still with the same symptoms.
I did notice a comcast van at my neighbors house yesterday when I got home. He was there for quite some time, however,  I don't know what he was doing or if he could of done anything to cause this issue.
I have the same problems on my wifes Iphone as well.
I will call Comcast but not sure what to tell them.
Thanks for your help

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Not able to view ICam over 3g Long time user.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 11:09:49 AM »
Thank you for your post.

It's possible that the registry key has somehow gotten into a bad state.

Please download and run (double-click) this file: http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

That will erase the current iCamSource settings in your registry. You will need to re-enter all of your settings, but hopefully the problem will be resolved if it's due to a problem in the registry.

Toderi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 01:45:06 PM »
I tried the clean the reg with your link and rebuilt all cams but no luck.  The app still acts the same as before.
I did some perusing in the forum and found the post about At&t changes.  I tested the phones IP with 3g and mine does start with 198.  This is in Denver Colorado.
Perhaps I need to mess with port forwarding?

Toderi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 11:43:28 AM »
Still waiting for an answer.  I'm really starting to miss this app. I talked with AT&T and at least their tier 2 support hasn't heard of anything changing?  Has anyone tried any alternative app. to view cams over 3G? I want to wait for an answer from SKJM before messing with port forwarding. Please help soon. I'm trying to be patient. Thanks.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 02:26:32 PM »
Thank you for your patience and I apologize for the delay.

If the auto-configuration router option did not work than yes, the next step is to enable port forwarding in your router.

Here is a link to the port forwarding instructions for your particular router: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Cisco/Linksys-E3000/Linksys-E3000index.htm

Following these instructions:

Forward the port range 12000-12100 (UDP protocol)  to the computer running the iCamSource.

Once this is done and you've enabled port forwarding in the iCamSource program, you should be able to access your iCamSource.

To enable port forwarding in the iCamSource program, follow the directions in this forum post: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402

Please let us know if you have any questions about any of these instructions.

Toderi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 02:39:49 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply. I'll give that a shot but it seems weird to me that this problem just presented itself out of the blue. Is it a change from cell provider, ISP, or something in my LAN?  Something had to of changed! One more thing, does port forwarding increase, decrease, or not change the level of security my router has?  Thanks again.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 10:42:42 AM »
It could be a number of different things that may have changed. It is hard to tell, but forwarding ports to your router generally will do the trick.

Port forwarding won't increase security but it won't decrease it much either.

alan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 02:41:07 PM »
I dont belive this is a Port Forwarding issue as I am running I cam on 3 diferent locations, 3 different routers and 3 different Ip's. Works fine in wirless internet network. Dont work in ATT 3g net work. This problem only happend after your last Iphone Update. Why

Toderi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 07:19:11 PM »
Well, I finally got a chance to configure the ports. It worked. I really wish I was savy enough to know what has changed. That kind of stuff eats at me.
By the way, portforward.com does include Icam source now.  Also, instead of giving my laptop (where I run Icam source) a static IP like Portforward suggests, I just reserved that IP on my router.  That way when the laptop travels, I don't have to worry.  Now Im ready to get some more cams.  Probably Foscam outdoor with night vision.  Any one have any experience?

Thanks again SKJM, I knew I could count on you all.