Author Topic: setting up more than 1 cam  (Read 12264 times)

Dipesh

• View Profile
setting up more than 1 cam
« on: July 22, 2009, 07:22:29 PM »
Hi.

I have got my cam working so thankyou for that. I just wanted to know how to use more than one cam. I am using my intergrated webcam and another usb webcam. I can only use one. I have read the previous posts about using 2 icam sources and making sure the user name and password are the same. I have done all of this and it still shows 1 webcam the other screen is just comes up black. I have selected both the same webcams on both screens and have also selected 2 different webcams but it would only show one. Could you help me figure out why this is happenig please.

thankyou

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: setting up more than 1 cam
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 07:38:37 AM »
If you run each iCamSource separately does the preview video show up for each one? When you run them at the same time, does the preview video in the iCamSource show up in each one?

Dipesh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 08:13:28 AM »
Hi.

yes when i run them separately the preview for each cam does show. Both webcams are working fine. Its just when i open up 2 icam sources it would not display both the cams. It would only display one.

Thankyou

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 10:50:54 AM »
Have you updated the drivers for your webcams and made sure you have all of the latest updates installed for your operating system? What operating system are you running, by the way?

If you have any other webcam software, are you able to open both of them at the same time?

Dipesh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 09:54:52 AM »
All my webcam drivers are up to date and i am running on windows vista. I have got another software which does let me open more than 1 webcam at the same time.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 02:41:53 PM »
What are the makes and models of the two cameras?

Dipesh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 05:13:08 PM »
one of my cams is already installed in my HP laptop and the other is a mikomi webcam.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 03:38:30 PM »
I am assuming you have tried rebooting your computer? Have you tried plugging your USB webcam directly into the if it is currently plugged into a USB hub?

I am also assuming you have you installed the following two iCamSource pre-requisites:

Visual C++ Redistributable Package: http://skjm.com/icam/vcredist_x86.exe
.NET Framework: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

Does the order you start the iCamSources matter? For instance, if you try starting the Built-In and then the external USB, is the external USB black? And if you reverse the order, is it the Built-In that is black?

Dipesh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 05:25:52 AM »
After installing the 2 links you sent me i can now view both my cams.

thankyou for your help

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 08:58:36 AM »
Excellent news ... Thank you for the update. :)

fakie03

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 08:04:45 PM »
Hi, I'm actually having the same problem, only I'm trying to use my MacBook Pro (10.5.7) with the built-in isight and a Logitech Pro 9000. I've downloaded the iCamSource software twice and tried the webcams with two different windows. One will work but the other won't and vice versa. Any ideas?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 12:49:28 PM »
fakie03 - Is your Logitech plugged into a USB hub?  If so, please try plugging it directly into the computer.  If it's already plugged directly into the computer, please try plugging it into a different USB port.

Also, please make sure that your Mac OS X is completely updated.  To do that, click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select "Software Update..." and install all suggested updates.

If you are running with the Logitech camera, and then start the iSight, does the iSight video show up?  If not, does it timeout, and the Stop button turns back into the Start button?

What are the specs of your laptop? (CPU speed, memory) Is the CPU usage high when both iCamSources are running? (Applications->Utilities->Activity Monitor)

fakie03

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 04:24:28 PM »
Hey Jay, yes the logitech is plugged directly to the laptop, the other usb port is being used by my keyboard.

The OS is completely updated.

I've tried both ways, logitech first, then isight, isight first, then logitech. Only one window will show video at any given time. The stop button is still visible on the window that doesn't show any video. In other words, both windows, even with one window not showing anything, have the faded stop button visible.

I'm running a 15" MacBook Pro (pre-unibody) 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB RAM.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 10:57:55 AM »
fakie03 - Can you try disconnecting the external keyboard temporarily?  I'd like to rule out USB bus issues.

If you start an iCamSource with the Logitech and then start a second iCamSource with the iSight, does the iSight light turn on?

Another thing to try is to open one camera in iCamSource and then open the other camera in Photobooth to find out if you see the same issue.

sambo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 02:42:14 AM »
I also have the same error, I can only get one cam at one time to work.
Setup MacBook Pro, OSX 10.5.8., Internal iSight & Xbox Live Vision USB Cam.

Which ever one I choose first is the only one I can use. Both of the camera sources will show in the Video drop down list of the second instance of iCamSource - however after pressing start nothing will happen.

I can confirm if I use the Xbox Live Vision USB Camera in one instance, then open PhotoBooth - it will fail to detect the internal isight camera.
I also have no other USB devices plugged into laptop.

Hope this helps bug fix.
Sam