Author Topic: iCam used to stay on while asleep, now it doesn't  (Read 2078 times)

bellabelleza

• View Profile
iCam used to stay on while asleep, now it doesn't
« on: November 21, 2011, 07:52:13 PM »
Hello!
So I bought the icam app a while ago for the purpose of keeping an eye on my then sick doggie. I would run the app and specifically remember that I checked to make sure that it would still work while asleep, and it would...so I confidently would go to dinner and check in the app to see my dogs comfortably sleeping.

But now, it won't do it. I keep reading about how it won't work when the computer is asleep, which I think sort of defeats the purpose in having it for a lot of people, but anyway, my question essentially is: Could this ever have been possible? and if I so, how do I get it back to doing that?

I am about 99% positive that the little green light would stay on even when asleep, which is what I remember even trying out to make sure that it would stay running while I was out to dinner. Big mystery!

Also, in case anyone needs to know, I have an iMac

Thanks in advance!!
Elissa ;)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam used to stay on while asleep, now it doesn't
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 05:31:34 PM »
Thank you for your post.

The computer should not be configured to go into Sleep or Hibernate mode after a period of inactivity. If your computer is asleep, the iCamSource will not be actively running, and you will not be able to connect.

You can however set your display to sleep so that the computer screen is off. To do this go to System Preferences >Energy Saver>Power Adapter>Display Sleep.

Remember your "Computer sleep" should be set to "Never"