Author Topic: icam 2.1 and 2.1.1 crashes on iPhone when on 3G  (Read 1739 times)

brodel

• View Profile
icam 2.1 and 2.1.1 crashes on iPhone when on 3G
« on: October 29, 2011, 07:33:23 PM »
Hey all.. I've been using iCam and loving it for about 2 years now, but today while I was out and tried to use it, it crashed on me several times. I thought it was weird, but oh well I'll try later. A little later I tried and got the same thing.

The four panels come up and it looks like it's about to load and show me the two sources I have running but then it just pops me back to the home screen. I've killed the app in the task switcher and got the same result. Then I tried rebooting my phone.. same problem. Then I had the thought of checking for updates even though I thought I just updated recently. I did and saw that there was a fresh update for iCam and was excited to think it would fix the problem based on the description in the app store. Unfortunately, that didn't change anything. I tried the same stuff again (killing the app, rebooting) but it didn't work. I was a little frustrated, but figured I'd play with it more later.

Now I'm at home and it's working great on WiFi. When I turn WiFi off it gives me the same results as before. The WiFi network I am on is the same network where the iCam sources are running if that matters. I don't have a way to test it on another WiFi network at the moment. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

I am on iOS 4.2.6 and iCam version 2.1.1. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: icam 2.1 and 2.1.1 crashes on iPhone when on 3G
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 11:36:35 PM »
Have you tried uninstalling iCam from your phone, then reinstall it. Assuming you use the same iTunes account that you purchased iCam with, you won't be charged a 2nd time. I've had issues (in the past) with icamsource crashing due to port forwarding issues, but I've never had iCam crash....very weird.

If uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't fix it, the SKJM guys will probably want to know your phone model along with the iOS version.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 11:20:13 AM »
Yes, OUAnthony is correct.  :)

brodel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 01:06:23 PM »
Well I have no explanation for this. Yesterday I went out and tried it and it worked flawlessly as usual. Maybe my iPhone was having a bad day.. I dunno.

If it happens again, I will uninstall it and reinstall it. Thanks for the responses.