Author Topic: Foscam FI8909W Not working  (Read 6532 times)

KenRN

• View Profile
Foscam FI8909W Not working
« on: November 06, 2011, 09:50:56 PM »
So I have 2 FI8909W and 1 outdoor FI8905W .

all 3 of these cameras worked at one point .  Now one of the Fi8909w does not work.  I close the icam program and unplug the camera that isn't working.  It picks up video .. but after a few minutes .. it just stops with the feed and when I try to view in the Icamsource preferences .. it says "Your network IP cam could not be connected to. Please make sure that the Camera URL contains the correct network address for your camera".

it had worked before .. I am running the program on my iMac and the time capsule .

does anybody know what is going on ? my other 2 camera works fine .. its just this one that only gets video when I unplug and replug it .. but then the video stops after a few minutes. 

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Foscam FI8909W Not working
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 07:38:20 PM »
So I have 2 FI8909W and 1 outdoor FI8905W .

all 3 of these cameras worked at one point .  Now one of the Fi8909w does not work.  I close the icam program and unplug the camera that isn't working.  It picks up video .. but after a few minutes .. it just stops with the feed and when I try to view in the Icamsource preferences .. it says "Your network IP cam could not be connected to. Please make sure that the Camera URL contains the correct network address for your camera".

it had worked before .. I am running the program on my iMac and the time capsule .

does anybody know what is going on ? my other 2 camera works fine .. its just this one that only gets video when I unplug and replug it .. but then the video stops after a few minutes. 

Thank you for your post.

Are you able to view that particular camera in your web browser?

KenRN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 07:49:44 PM »
i am .. the initial 2 minutes that its working and when the Icam is picking up as well . . .  then it goes off the wifi list .. until I unplug the camera and replug.

drdiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 08:46:25 PM »
I have a simular issue with my F18918W Foscam camera. Over Wifi I can see it on my Mac though iCamSource and the picture/FPS looks great. But when I try to access it via my iPhone and the iCam software (both on the wifi network and on 3G all I see is a still image that was the last image seen when I switched from my iSight to the Wireless Foscam through iCamSource.

Any idea why this wouldn't transmit to my iPhone but still works via iCamSource?

And on a side note, anyone have thoughts as to why when I try to open a port through my Wifi router that ALL port scanning websites say it's closed? I'm using a Linksys WRT150N router with port forwarding turned on for that specific port.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 11:28:47 PM »
I have a simular issue with my F18918W Foscam camera. Over Wifi I can see it on my Mac though iCamSource and the picture/FPS looks great. But when I try to access it via my iPhone and the iCam software (both on the wifi network and on 3G all I see is a still image that was the last image seen when I switched from my iSight to the Wireless Foscam through iCamSource.

Any idea why this wouldn't transmit to my iPhone but still works via iCamSource?

And on a side note, anyone have thoughts as to why when I try to open a port through my Wifi router that ALL port scanning websites say it's closed? I'm using a Linksys WRT150N router with port forwarding turned on for that specific port.

Thank you for your post.

Does it work fine if you only run the Foscam in iCamSource?

drdiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 08:11:45 AM »

Thank you for your post.

Something I had done last night seemed to fix the frozen image issue I had. As best I can tell, assigning a new static IP on the network might have been what solved the problem.

Additionally, forcing the port forwarding through iCamSource also seemed to fix my original port forwarding problem. I suspect that because I was originally just trying to point to the web interface for the Foscam cameras it wasn't seeing constant activity on the port. Now that the iCamSource is running on that port there is constant traffic and so the port is properly seen as open now.

the one thing I am seeing as an issue currently is the ability to control the PTZ functions of my Foscam via iCam.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 12:09:46 AM »

Thank you for your post.

Something I had done last night seemed to fix the frozen image issue I had. As best I can tell, assigning a new static IP on the network might have been what solved the problem.

Additionally, forcing the port forwarding through iCamSource also seemed to fix my original port forwarding problem. I suspect that because I was originally just trying to point to the web interface for the Foscam cameras it wasn't seeing constant activity on the port. Now that the iCamSource is running on that port there is constant traffic and so the port is properly seen as open now.

the one thing I am seeing as an issue currently is the ability to control the PTZ functions of my Foscam via iCam.

I'm glad you got it working!

As far as PTZ not functioning, the only Foscam camera that we currently support PTZ functionality for is model FI8918W.

We discuss the supported Pan/Tilt cameras on our forum at: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=3162.0

Grumpa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 05:55:47 AM »
Just FYI: my FI8908W works fine (PTZ) with iCam/iCamSource

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 08:33:27 AM »
Just FYI: my FI8908W works fine (PTZ) with iCam/iCamSource

Thank you for the info, Grumpa. I've added that camera to the list of supported PTZ devices. :)