Author Topic: Sound not working  (Read 6911 times)

kellynor

• View Profile
Sound not working
« on: August 17, 2011, 06:54:30 PM »
Hello, I cannot get the sound to work.  My volume is turned up, and I checked my microphone.  tried rebooting my computer.

It worked randomly a couple of days ago, now not working.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sound not working
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 05:22:41 PM »
kellynor is receiving support through email.

topjimmy70

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 03:23:54 PM »
I am having the same problem.  Could you possibly help me. 

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 05:14:04 PM »
I am having the same problem.  Could you possibly help me. 

Are you using the Mac or Windows version of iCamSource?

What entries appear in the Audio drop-down list in iCamSource? Which entry are you selecting?

Also, please make sure there aren't any other audio capture programs running. They might be fighting iCamSource for access to the camera.

mjg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 03:15:19 PM »
Same here. Lion Server 10.7.1. Latest iCamSource. Latest iCam in my iPhone. No other app using the Logitech webcam. The sound goses for one second - then it mutes. Picture fine.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 09:38:27 PM »
Same here. Lion Server 10.7.1. Latest iCamSource. Latest iCam in my iPhone. No other app using the Logitech webcam. The sound goses for one second - then it mutes. Picture fine.

In iCamSource on your computer, what entries appear in the Audio drop-down list in iCamSource? Which entry are you selecting?

mjg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 11:28:17 AM »
Entries are Mac Built in Mic and Logitech Cam. I use Logitech Cam. Like always.

In iCamSource on your computer, what entries appear in the Audio drop-down list in iCamSource? Which entry are you selecting?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 04:16:25 PM »
When you connect with your iPhone please make sure that you tap the small thumbnail image so that it zooms in to fill the screen. Audio is only transmitted when the image is zoomed in. Also, when you are zoomed in and you turn your iPhone's volume all the way up using the buttons on the side of your phone, does it say "Ringer" under the volume adjustment icon that appears on the iPhone's screen?

Are you still unable to hear audio when you are zoomed in?

mjg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 06:21:45 AM »
I've used iCam since it came on market - I know how it works :-). There is sound one second after zoomed in - then it mutes. Maybe it's a Lion thing. On SnowLeopard it was all fine.

mjg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 01:42:53 PM »
Sound (from the Logitech webcam) works fine with - for example - AirMic (an app like iCam but only for sound). That can be an interesting info.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 09:48:51 PM »
Sound (from the Logitech webcam) works fine with - for example - AirMic (an app like iCam but only for sound). That can be an interesting info.

Is your webcam plugged into a USB hub or extension cable? If so, please try plugging it directly into the computer.

What entries appear in the Audio drop-down list in iCamSource? Which entry are you selecting?

Also, please make sure there aren't any other audio capture programs running. They might be fighting iCamSource for access to the camera.

mjg

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 05:32:57 AM »
The cam is directly connected to Mac Mini. The rest I have already answered - se answers up in thread.

Note 1: I have used this set up sice iCam came on market. With exactly the same settings, camera, etc etc. Everything worked fine until I installed Lion. It's Lion Server 10.7.1. No sound - exept the short second I hear it untill it mutes.
Note2: The cam works fine with all my other apps - both sound and video (QuickTime, Vitamine, AirMic, PhotoBooth, etc). I run only iCam Source when I run iCam Source.

mjg

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 05:53:09 AM »
I'm now quite shure it is the aoo in my iPhone - the iCam app. When I can hear the sound a second - or a fraction of a second - before it goes silent - this makes me believe that the sound is broadcasting fine from my MacMini/iCamSource - it's just that my iCam-app in the iPhone can't handle it - it tryes, but goes mute after a very short time. Maybe I should reinstall iCam on my iPhone? Will try this tonight (swedish time).

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 10:45:49 AM »
What is the model of the Logitech webcam you are using?

mjg

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 11:36:46 AM »
Logitech QuickCam Vision Pro for Mac. And keep in mind - once more; it's ben working fine before. I think it's the iCam iPhone-app. I know the sound goes out from my computer to the internet and I can listen to it with other apps in my iPhone. This must be important info. :-)