Author Topic: iCamWeb & Browsers in Linux (applet problem)  (Read 3247 times)

rlarsson

• View Profile
iCamWeb & Browsers in Linux (applet problem)
« on: June 12, 2009, 06:28:25 AM »
Hello,

On one of my PC's I use Linux. I realize that the iCam software doesn't run on Linux yet, but it seems that that the iCamWeb applet doesn't work either. Firewall disabled.  It works flawless when I boot the same PC, on the same LAN, to Vista.

Here is the OS and Java version:

Allowed and approved Applet in both Opera and Firefox.

Error in FF:

Error in Opera:

Any ideas?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamWeb & Browsers in Linux (applet problem)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 10:33:42 AM »
That error actually indicates that the applet is running correctly because that is the error the applet shows when it is unable to connect to an iCamSource that the Broker Server told it about, meaning that the applet was already able to talk to the Server.

If this is on a computer that works fine in Vista, then the problem is caused by some sort of firewall or network filtering program running on Linux.  Please disable any firewall software temporarily to see if iCamWeb starts working.  If it does, we can configure the firewall to work with iCamWeb.

rlarsson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 10:55:46 AM »
but it seems that that the iCamWeb applet doesn't work either. Firewall disabled.  It works flawless when I boot the same PC, on the same LAN, to Vista.

Hello Jay!

As i wrote firewall is disabled.

Code: [Select]
roger@MAIN-WINSERV6:~$ sudo ufw disable
Firewall stopped and disabled on system startup
roger@MAIN-WINSERV6:~$

Its the same LAN so it would be strange if the applet used other ports (regarding the router) since it works in Windows.

Anything else I could try?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 10:58:13 AM by rlarsson »

rlarsson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 11:13:08 AM »
Update.
It's not a router problem, just forwarded everything and still not working. It's a Linux and or Java issue.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 12:40:20 PM »
Could you go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ in your computer's web browser to get your computer's IP address, and then send an email to support@skjm.com with the IP address? That way I can attempt to look it up in the iCam Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem.

It would also help to have the local IP address for your computer when it's running Linux. That way I can differentiate between the connections from Vista and from Linux when looking at the server logs.

Please refer to this forum thread in your email.