Author Topic: DNS Program Auto Changes IP but Icamsource lose connection  (Read 5721 times)

Denver

• View Profile
Re: DNS Program Auto Changes IP but Icamsource lose connection
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 05:21:55 PM »
that is the thing it doesn't kick back , I always have to click on stop then start again

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 06:41:48 PM »
Is your computer (the one running icamsource) on the same network as the IP camera?

If so, did you assign the IP camera a static IP address and use that IP address as part of the source link in icamsource (so it looks something like: 192.168.1.255/video.cgi)?

If the computer/camera are on the same network (and stay on the same network), you do NOT need DDNS.

You might still run into connectivity issues...but hopefully the last bit of code I sent you will take care of it (if the above change in combination with the previously installed registry key doesn't work). Definitely try without the code first.

An afterthought...are you using both uPNP on the router and the "router auto config" feature in icamsource? Maybe the IP address change is messing that up. Maybe try manual port forwarding...which is more foolproof anyway, once you get it set up properly.

Denver

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 08:53:32 PM »
I have the DNS so I can remote access the cam.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 09:37:30 PM »
I'm trying to help you, but you aren't answering my questions...

My computer/camera are on the same network...which is why my camera source link looks like this: 192.168.1.255/video.cgi

I also use DDSN (running an updater on my computer) so that I can access my computer remotely. Using port forwarding, I am also able to access the camera remotely without using iCam. I don't know why I'd ever need to, but I have the ability to. If you answer the questions, I might be able to actually help you.