Author Topic: icam crashed, anyway to reopen on the go ?  (Read 3222 times)

twocik

• View Profile
icam crashed, anyway to reopen on the go ?
« on: August 21, 2011, 09:44:14 PM »
Today I was away a little longer than usual and one of my cams went down.  Looks like icam might have crashed.  Is there anyway to reopen the program on the go without having to do this right at the computer ?   Maybe an auto launch feature anytime soon for icam ?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: icam crashed, anyway to reopen on the go ?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 10:39:28 PM »
Currently, there is not a way to remotely turn on iCamSource through the iPhone or the iCam software but some of our users use VNC to Start/Stop iCamSource remotely. A remote Start option has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.

twocik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 11:58:59 PM »
How and what do I need to buy ?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 11:51:30 PM »
User discuss a couple of different options on this thread: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=2732.0

twocik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 12:47:13 AM »
Found this app called remote HD,  hands down the coolest app besides iCam I've come across.  Within seconds I'm controlling my computer with ease.  I feel like Tony Stark lol  WOW !!!!    Yes iCam works and can restart it if the app crashes.    ;D

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 08:28:54 AM »
The good news....icamsource should be MUCH more stable once you get the port forwarding issues taken care of. Once I configured mine correctly, I don't think it has crashed since...and it's been over a year easily.

twocik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 01:57:48 PM »
Can you walk us thru what you did ?   I would love that, my cameras & system keep crashing. :(

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 09:07:17 PM »
I just followed the directions in the port forwarding thread. I assigned my computer a static local IP address on my network, then forwarded a range of 7 UDP port per camera to my computer's IP address in the router settings. Finally, I used SKJM's registry file to enable manual port forwarding and entered the range of ports forwarded through my router into icamsource. The trickiest part was correctly setting up the port forwarding in my router settings. Anytime you make a change in terms of settings (especially in the router), reboot everything just to make sure the settings are in use. I don't think I had to do anything in my software firewall. But it wouldn't hurt to make an allow rule for the respective UDP ports/icamsource.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:12:17 PM by OUAnthony »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 09:42:12 PM »
Can you walk us thru what you did ?   I would love that, my cameras & system keep crashing. :(

Here is the link to the Port Forwarding instructions: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

If you have any questions please let us know.