Author Topic: Best Feature Request Ever!  (Read 1263 times)

thinkr

• View Profile
Best Feature Request Ever!
« on: July 01, 2011, 01:56:41 PM »
I use ICam all the time. Love it. There's only one thing missing.

First its ridiculous to charge the small amount that u do for your software your should up your prices! You could simply name a new app ICam 2 / or ICam Feature Addon app which would charge for additional features. but not be required, which would in turn add code to the original ICam software that adds features without the user needing to know how it does this. /
You could maybe even implement a feature into original Icam that runs a check if the addon is simply been purchased and installed.  Therefore authorizes ICam original software to make use of additional options.
Just trying to help you out...  Let me know if this helps or if you already have this figured out.

Feature Request:  Since ICam makes use of Push Notifications. 
Would it be possible to add an option to make use of Push notifications sent to your iphone when the software losses connection to the Server?

Situation:
This is very important because if someone malicious switches off the power to your house! OR your computer dies Or your internet goes down for whatever reason you'll never know!
So if the computer is down and not recording anything it becomes useless. If the internet is down you won't get a push notification either, if someone broke in and turned off the power or destroyed your computer. I understand a Interrupting power supply would resolve some of this but not if only your internet goes down.

Open to suggestions:
Is this possible to implement considering the function of how Push Notifications are sent?
Is there a better way to do this?  8)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Best Feature Request Ever!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 10:31:05 AM »
Thank you for the great feedback and your suggestion! Sending a push notification when the computer is powered off has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future. Unfortunately, we do not have any immediate plans to implement this feature.