Author Topic: Possible AT&T 3G Changes Coming for iOS Devices Running iCam?  (Read 112429 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Possible AT&T 3G Changes Coming for iOS Devices Running iCam?
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2011, 12:35:28 PM »
The icam is working on both 3g and wifi, but today I logged on to the icam (after it was working fine for hours) and the error message I saw was "no such user name and password with icam running? I turned off my iphone and then it was working. Do you know any reason why the icam does this?  Does turning off the iphone reset the icam?
Thank you for all of your help troubleshooting.

The computer running the iCamSource may have lost its connection to the Internet briefly. If you continue to experience this issue, please let us know.

Icamuser

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2011, 02:04:05 PM »
Baltimore City, MD  198, iPhone 3G, Comcast

Stopped working on my Win7 laptop, iCam v2.2.1 - No sources found with 3G and WiFi trying auto-config and port forwarding
Still works fine on my XP laptop, iCam v1.4.2.6 with 3G and WiFi in both auto-config and port forwarding modes.
Router N300 Net Gear. 

seanhsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2011, 07:47:14 PM »
iPhone 4 here in Middletown, CT and my AT&T 3G IP begins with 166. My router is a Linksys WRT54GL running a newer build of DD-WRT with UPnP enabled and I have the "Auto config router" option checked. No issues here.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2011, 01:34:41 AM »
Baltimore City, MD  198, iPhone 3G, Comcast

Stopped working on my Win7 laptop, iCam v2.2.1 - No sources found with 3G and WiFi trying auto-config and port forwarding
Still works fine on my XP laptop, iCam v1.4.2.6 with 3G and WiFi in both auto-config and port forwarding modes.
Router N300 Net Gear. 

Do you see the words "Connecting …" or "Connected to Server" in the iCamSource Preferences window title when you click the Start button? - http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam1

Icamuser

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2011, 08:09:43 AM »
Well, hit me with a brick. It says "Connected to Server" but the login name is different than the XP PC. I wonder who did that!!! 

And of course it works fine if I use the correct login on the iPhone to get to the Win7 PC. Somedays I should not play with technology......

Luther

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2011, 11:52:47 AM »
Per your request:
Check "Auto-Config Router" and Start.
Note UPnP Success 12000->12000
Stop iCamSource
Port Checker reports 12000 BLOCKED.

Comment: I have not changed any router configuration for years.
Can my Internet provider or AT&T change settings on my router? I don't think so.
The only thing I see that changed in the past few months (when I started getting "Connection Error" via 3G) is AT&T's service in my area.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2011, 06:50:35 PM »
Per your request:
Check "Auto-Config Router" and Start.
Note UPnP Success 12000->12000
Stop iCamSource
Port Checker reports 12000 BLOCKED.

Comment: I have not changed any router configuration for years.
Can my Internet provider or AT&T change settings on my router? I don't think so.
The only thing I see that changed in the past few months (when I started getting "Connection Error" via 3G) is AT&T's service in my area.

The success or failure of the iCam connection logic to connect depends on the interaction between the iCam (AT&T 3G) and iCamSource (your home DSL) networks. What has happened is that since AT&T has changed the type of their network the iCam connection logic is no longer able to navigate between AT&T's more complex network and your router to make the connection when your iPhone is connected via 3G.

Unfortunately it seems like your router doesn't properly support UPnP for UDP ports if the port checker is reporting port 12000 as BLOCKED when you have seen the UPnP Success 12000->12000 message in the iCamSource.

The next step would be to uncheck the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource and try manually forwarding UDP ports 12000-12100 in your router to the computer on your network running the iCamSource. Are you familiar with forwarding ports in your router? If not, the step-by-step port forwarding instructions can be found here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

Please let me know if you have any questions.

rick

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2011, 11:48:34 AM »
Middletown RI
IP starts with 166

johnphan

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2011, 01:28:07 PM »
Hello, i am using an iphone4 and i am in Florida and mine is 166. thanks. jp

charmingboy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2011, 03:46:23 AM »
Hello, i am using an iphone4 and i am in Thailand

elkskins_j

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2011, 09:43:12 AM »
198 for me in Huntington WV

works fine over wifi, no connection via 3g
auto-config router checked
upnp success 12001-12001
stopped icam and 12001 udp port is open
ports forwarded in my DLink router are 12000-12100
enable upnp checked on my router

used to work fine but now no connection via 3g please help

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2011, 02:49:26 PM »
198 for me in Huntington WV

works fine over wifi, no connection via 3g
auto-config router checked
upnp success 12001-12001
stopped icam and 12001 udp port is open
ports forwarded in my DLink router are 12000-12100
enable upnp checked on my router

used to work fine but now no connection via 3g please help

If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and send your external IP address to support@skjm.com so we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs. Also, please reference this forum post and your username in your email.

Dacoach17

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2011, 11:38:09 PM »
My IP adress starts with 192.  I am in a suburb of Nashville Tennessee.  My IPhone 4 only works on my home Wi-fi and sporadically on a Wi-fi outside my home.  I use to be able to get some connection on 3g a couple of months ago but that has since changed to nothing.  I do not have auto config checked, although I did try port-forwarding and that did not work.  I have a Trendnet router on my system and I use a DSL connection.  Please help.  Thanks..
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:47:50 PM by Dacoach17 »

chris5u9

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2011, 07:11:48 AM »
The icam was working good until yesterday, now I get the Source Connection Error  message that says
" one or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to"
What does this mean and how can we fix it? The icam does work for about 1 minute then the picture just freezes?  When I stop and restart the icam it works again but just for about 1 minute until it does it again.
I did nothing different to it since we got it working about 2 weeks ago. 
Thanks

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2011, 11:37:42 AM »
My IP adress starts with 192.  I am in a suburb of Nashville Tennessee.  My IPhone 4 only works on my home Wi-fi and sporadically on a Wi-fi outside my home.  I use to be able to get some connection on 3g a couple of months ago but that has since changed to nothing.  I do not have auto config checked, although I did try port-forwarding and that did not work.  I have a Trendnet router on my system and I use a DSL connection.  Please help.  Thanks..

Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Also, are you running the latest version of iCamSource 2.2.3? That version had a fix particularly related to Trendnet cameras.