Author Topic: iCant get it to work :(  (Read 6317 times)

iCant

• View Profile
Re: iCant get it to work :(
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 05:26:55 PM »
UDP Port 12000 is BLOCKED
With my Mac's firewall disabled and my routers firewall disabled.

But after some reading I've learned that even if the routers firewall is disabled it still needs some rules or something to communicate.

But I just can't figure it out!  :(

I stumbled on this link:
http://www.zyxeltech.de/previews/p2602hwnlid7a/rpSys.html
This is just as if you can acces my router (although its a slightly different model)
Only thing not showing up on that site is if your make a new rule.
Here I get another input screen that is not showing up on that website.
But if needed I will make a screenshot.

I've tried, after disabling the firewall, on my router:

under "advanced"
enabling uPnP
Port 12000 still blocked from website port checker

After disabling uPnP I tried to manually port forward port 12000-12000 to my mac's ip adres 192.168.1.xx
Tried numerous settings to permit port 12000 under 'user define' in the NAT settings.
Tried making firewall rules (with firewall on and of) with UDP permitted from 'any adress' and tried 'wan to lan', 'lan to wan' ect. settings..
Restored default router settings numerous times to ensure things didn't conflict.

I was trying to let my router permit everything and then go from there to more save settings but port 12000 keeps being blocked.

Ending this post I would like to thank you for your time and support given already!  :)
I'm no computer noob but this network thing is beating me! Now more then ever I regret i'din't took the cisco course! ::)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 10:36:58 PM »
Please send a screenshot of your routers port forwarding to support@skjm.com so we can verify the settings.

Also, please go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and let us know what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem.

schafjet

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 10:40:05 AM »
I had mine all up and running on both 3G and wifi and did all the port specific stuff and router configuration to get it to work, what a hassle.  Why after getting it all up and running (for awhile), I can't get the wifi to work?  Nothing has changed.  It still works with 3G.  You would think once you configured everything you would be good to go.  This is far from user friendly.  I'm not a computer newbie.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 06:11:45 PM »
iCam does "just work" for the majority of users, but there are setups that do require some additional configuration.

What error message are you seeing when you are unable to connect via your local WiFi: No Sources Found, Broker Connection Error, or Source Connection Error? Do you ever see that error message when your phone is connected to the same local Wi-Fi network as the computer running iCamSource?

Please send a screenshot of your routers port forwarding to support@skjm.com so we can verify the settings.

Also, please go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and let us know what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem.