Author Topic: Ad Blocker woes - They don't play nice with iCam  (Read 1829 times)

brandtb

• View Profile
Ad Blocker woes - They don't play nice with iCam
« on: April 15, 2011, 12:53:23 PM »
I have a Droid X, rooted, running Liberty 2.0.1.  Pretty much ever since I got that ROM running, I have had problems using iCam. 

Thinking I was being oh, so clever, I enabled Ad Blocking...then I spent days wondering why I couldn't get a connection to my two cameras...

Then I found in another place on this forum how someone else running their Android phone stock disabled an ad blocker and was able to view the cameras.  Sure enough, I disabled the Ad Blocker in the Liberty Manager and rebooted the phone.

All is right with the (iCam) world...thanks to the experiences of others.  I hope someone looking for a fix finds this and has their problem solved as well.

Skipholiday

• View Profile
Re: Ad Blocker woes - They don't play nice with iCam
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 01:58:15 PM »
yup I had same problem with ad blocker app. I uninstalled. It would only show 1 cam and was very slow to connect if it connected. Then after sbf it would work consistant but only show 2 cams when I was running 4. Im getting ready to install the new gingerbread and see how it does. It wouldnt work with the original gb leak..

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ad Blocker woes - They don't play nice with iCam
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 11:18:23 PM »
I have a Droid X, rooted, running Liberty 2.0.1.  Pretty much ever since I got that ROM running, I have had problems using iCam. 

Thinking I was being oh, so clever, I enabled Ad Blocking...then I spent days wondering why I couldn't get a connection to my two cameras...

Then I found in another place on this forum how someone else running their Android phone stock disabled an ad blocker and was able to view the cameras.  Sure enough, I disabled the Ad Blocker in the Liberty Manager and rebooted the phone.

All is right with the (iCam) world...thanks to the experiences of others.  I hope someone looking for a fix finds this and has their problem solved as well.

Glad you got it working!