Author Topic: Troubleshooting 101 - iCam & iCamSource Error Messages  (Read 223717 times)

mickebo

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 101 - iCam & iCamSource Error Messages
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2010, 01:52:45 PM »
Hi  ;D
I will probably install iCam in my iPhone, but first i´d like to try how it works. I have installed iCamSource and got my Logitech webcam working so far. If i try iCamweb on my other pc (connected to the same switch) it works just fine. But when I´m trying to connect from my work it says "Broker connection error". I have tested my outgoing UDP ports 12000-12500 and all are open and I installed the registry key too. Still no connection  ??? can I test the connection on my work PC someway ??

Well ports isn´t open at work. But do they need to be for me to connect to the Broker server?

;D It works perfectly on my iPhone  ;D

Regards
Mike
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:56:14 AM by mickebo »

catalogguy

• View Profile
Error code 14
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2010, 06:47:52 PM »
Hi,  this message recently popped up and I am unable to resolve it.  The iCam had been working fine for quite some time and I am unaware of any changes I made which may have interfered.  I am running XP Home.  The cam came with the machine and I don't find any driver updates on the Lenovo web site.  Any ideas on how I might trouble shoot?  Thank you!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2010, 10:39:36 PM »
If iCamSource was working fine before, it's most likely that error means that your computer has gotten into a bad state.  That error is actually a Microsoft Directshow error.  The most common fix for that error is to reboot the computer.  If you haven't rebooted since the problem first showed up, please reboot.

catalogguy

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2010, 10:44:50 PM »
Thanks for your reply.  I should have mentioned that this began a few weeks ago, so the pc has been restarted many times.  Also, I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but same result.  Thanks again.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2010, 02:11:34 AM »
Some other things that could possibly cause error 14 are:

1) The webcam drivers.  This is unlikely in your case since it was working before.
2) Another program accessing the camera, such as Skype.  It could even be another instance of iCamSource running in the background, so it might be a good idea to check the Process list in Task Manager to see what other video capture programs might be running.
3) Faulty USB hubs or extension cables. It sounds like your camera might be a built-in camera, in which case you wouldn't have either of those.

tfawbush

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2010, 11:22:03 AM »
This software simply does not work on a 3G network. I can access everything else very well on 3G. I can access the camera with no problems on WiFi, but your product description says that it will work on 3G and Edge networks. So, what's the deal?

I get:
Source Connection Error
One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker SErver could not be connected to.
 :'( ???

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2010, 04:28:11 PM »
tfawbush is currently getting support via e-mail.

catalogguy

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2010, 03:16:04 PM »
Hi Stefan, Thank you for you support on this forum.  I followed your advice in checking the processes list in task manager, but I do not fund anything that seems to interact with the camera.  Do you have any other thoughts on what it could be?

catalogguy

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2010, 04:00:59 PM »
OK Stefan, I made some progress... I stopped 4 instances of iCam program in the process list and the application now launches on my PC and shows the live image (I don't know why this has worked when rebooting did not).  However, the iCam app on the phone does not seem to find it.  I installed the app on my laptop and it immediately connected.  The laptop also allows me to check the box for Send Push while the desktop does not.  Is there anything I might do?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2010, 10:09:31 PM »
What error message(s) are you seeing when you cannot connect with iCam?

dyhppy

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2010, 03:24:32 AM »
im a total newb and im sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

i'm getting "no sources found" error all of a sudden after the program works for a few hours.

first, I want to say thank you for making such a great product.  simply brilliant!

everything works for me so far except 1 thing:

i'm using as a source a hp laptop with a built in camera.  i tell it to start.  i'm viewing the video using another laptop using windows xp.  i can see the vid fine.  the video seems to free sometimes and i need to refresh the icamweb page, retype login and pass and capshaw to get the vid going again.  that part is annoying but ok.  the real problem happens after a couple hours, i try to login with the same info that worked before and it says NO SOURCES FOUND.  i go back to my source laptop and the camera is still on and running.  the icamsource program is still running.  doesn't make sense why my login stops working after a couple of hours.  i tell the source to stop and start again and the login credentials work again.  please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

is this a port fwding issue?  im not even sure what port forwarding is.  if the icamweb is working at all, does that mean it's not a port fwding issue?  im using an actiontec verizon dsl modem/router. 

thank you so much.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 03:37:16 AM by dyhppy »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2010, 06:12:40 AM »
Is your computer going to sleep at all or losing its internet connection?

Is the video in the iCamSource window still updating, or is it frozen?

If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem.

Please reference this forum post in your e-mail.

dyhppy

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2010, 11:16:50 AM »
the computer did not go to sleep or lose internet as far as i know. 

when i got back to it, the source window was still going and moving, not frozen.

i will send the ip address info when i get back to the source again.

thank you again!

dyhppy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2010, 10:03:13 PM »
it works now for some reason

Bill_martin1@mac.com

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2010, 09:39:55 PM »
Update icamsource 1.4.2 in combination with iCam 1.31
has resolved connection source error on an iMac G5,2.1Ghz with
2.5 Gigs of memory. Bravo,  Stephan, you are the Man!