Author Topic: Feature Request re: Motion Detection  (Read 3061 times)

clexistentialist

• View Profile
Feature Request re: Motion Detection
« on: April 06, 2010, 11:59:45 AM »
Let me start by saying I love icam and use it daily. I would really appreciate it though, if I could customize how long motion is detected before it sends me push notification. I leave the curtains open in my apartment for light, and the changes in light from all the clouds and wind this morning resulted in hundreds of motion alerts. If I could set it to report motion only when it persists more than a image or three I would be extremely grateful. Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:04:17 PM by clexistentialist »

Kiwicamfan

• View Profile
Re: Feature Request re: Motion Detection
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 01:52:37 PM »
Plus one to this request.

90% of my motion alerts are single images and every single image alert has been (in my experience) a false alarm - a moth flying past an IR camera, a truck passing on the distant highway, etc.

My 'real' motion events are usually 10+ images.

I tried turning the sensitivity down and down to a level where it's not detecting all that I would want it to, but doesn't seem to stop these single image events. Please can you put on your features list a setting to either:
a) Set the minimum number of images for a motion event (i.e. no capture of the images)
b) Set the minimum number of images for a motion event to be push notified (i.e. images captured but not notified)

I would be happy with either option.

SLGTHK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 07:39:05 AM »
Hi! It's a great app...love it, though using only one cam at the moment, it would be great if we could TURN ON AND OFF THE icamsource from the iphone, incase someone forgets to turn on the source when at the premisis. Also, if we were able to turn on and off the motion detection, again from the iphone itself....can you? THAT WOULD MAKE THIS APP GREAT FOR MANY...I mean even more great...cheers///

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 12:46:21 PM »
There is currently no way to remotely turn on the iCamSource application on the computer through iCam. (iCam connects to the iCamSource application.)

If you used some other computer controlling application on your iPhone you could connect and launch the iCamSource, but that would be something separate from iCam.

You can turn on and off motion detection from the iPhone: If you single-tap a zoomed-in iCam image you can then enable or disable the sending of push notifications.

rlb2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 01:49:30 PM »
Stefan,
Awesome app I use it 24/7 of course!  Adding more cameras evey month when I can $$ them.  So I agree with the above posts. I have looked through the forums (first time) and didnt see this type of requests:
1. Motion triggered on multiple images of change 5-10 is good for me.
2. Motion triggered on the # of pixels size of change in the image.  This would filter our CATS/dogs, etc which trips my cams nightly.

This would be a huge help! 

Thanks Again Stefan!  Awesome Job!
Rob

Kiwicamfan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 07:38:06 PM »
Yes it is an awesome app - I've experimented with several other competitor apps over the last few weeks including WebcamXP, Webcam 7, GoToCamera, and keep coming back to iCam/iCamSource for its simplicity and great iPhone integration.

I'm running two chinese Foscam IP camera clones and a Logitech Pro for Notebooks webcam on a dedicated Win7 PC, also using Dropbox for file syncing, TeamViewer for remote access and an iPhone app called "Wake" for wake on LAN and after some tinkering with network settings the setup seems to be running pretty solid now. These single image alerts are the only annoyance...