Author Topic: Not connecting... iCamsource 2.2.1 on Mac Mini  (Read 3297 times)

nigels0

• View Profile
Not connecting... iCamsource 2.2.1 on Mac Mini
« on: February 08, 2011, 01:48:40 PM »
Hi,

Can't see what the problem is - when turning on, the screen shows 'connecting....' and nothing else although setting auto-config router gives an error: ERROR : UPnP 3 : NAT-PMP 3,-7,61. The cameras are coming up in the window, so the local config is OK - just can't access it externally from the network. Any help appreciated!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Not connecting... iCamsource 2.2.1 on Mac Mini
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 05:09:02 PM »
Have you tried running the iCamSource without the Auto-Config Router checkbox checked?

nigels0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 04:54:02 PM »
Yes - tried that. No result there either

Weird thing I didn't mention was that when I installed the software, it picked up the configuration of the cameras I have on my Mac Pro in another house. I didn't delete them, just added the cameras onto the list.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 08:37:02 PM »
Do you still see "Connecting ..." in the iCamSource Preferences window title when you click the Start button and not "Connected to Server" with the Auto-Config Router checkbox unchecked?

Assuming you are running on a Mac, if your Mac OS X firewall is enabled in System Preferences > Security > Firewall, is the iCamSource one of the applications allowed to accept incoming connections?

nigels0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 02:34:14 PM »
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying - but it seems now by switching the auto-config off, and trying a few times, I get connected. I've ensured the firewall allows for incoming connections - although in trying to view the images on my iPad away from the same network, I get my home machine, but not this one from my other house (the error message is "one or more of the icamsources returned by the icam broker server could not be connected to).  I guess what would be useful would be to know which ports are needed to be open by my ISP as it looks like the problem is between the icamsource and the ISP not letting the port be open.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 04:27:34 PM »
The iCamSource listens on UDP ports 12000-12100 by default.

If the Auto-Config Router checkbox is not compatible with your router then you will need to manually forward the range of ports in your router to the computer running the iCamSource.

Here is a link to the step-by-step iCamSource port forwarding instructions: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

Please let me know how it goes or if you have any questions.

nigels0

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 08:36:42 AM »
Thanks - I've asked the ISP to open these ports for me. I think the issue is at his end.