Author Topic: Remote start??  (Read 1276 times)

tez.blount

• View Profile
Remote start??
« on: January 14, 2011, 07:13:08 PM »
I am trying to figure out how to start my camera on my Mac's from my Iphone as I don't want to leave all the computers on with the source running all the time. I would like to be able to log in, check the house, log out and carry on.....

Is this possible without having to use something like iTeleport Connect?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Remote start??
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 11:02:38 PM »
I think they're thinking about implementing a start/stop button from the iCam app instead of only in icamsource. I'm just curious why you wouldn't want the source to run 24/7? It's a great, cheap security system in case of robbery or home invasion...especially combined with Dropbox for free off-site backup of the motion events. You could use the schedule feature to enable/disable motion push notifications. Whether or not icamsource is started, you'd still need to have the computer(s) turned on 24/7...or be savvy enough to use Wake-On-LAN combined with a static IP or DDNS to turn your computers on remotely...but then you'd have to wait for it to boot up, etc. Have you thought about leaving 1 computer on 24/7, and then enabling sleep mode on the other(s) if you don't want a bunch of computers on all day? Or better yet, use one computer combined with IP cameras. Anyway, just food for thought. I like knowing that I'll have pictures if anyone should ever break into my house.