Author Topic: A quick overview please  (Read 1478 times)

andyh

• View Profile
A quick overview please
« on: January 02, 2011, 06:02:25 AM »
Hi I have just set up iCam and have it working on my LAN. I would rather set up the router manually and will open up ports 12000 - 12007 and follow the troubleshooting 103 forum post.

Can somebody give me a quick overview of how the iCam on the iPhone will 'find' the router / MAC running the iCamSource (iCS). Does the iCS register the IP address of the router somewhere and if so how does the iPhone find it?

This will help me get a better idea if I run in to any problems when setting up.

Thanks, Andy.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A quick overview please
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 11:14:58 AM »
iCam and the iCamSource "find each other" using the iCam Login / Password combination that you choose. The iCamSource registers with our iCam Broker Server with the combination, and iCam asks the server for the connection information (IP address, port, etc.) of the iCamSources that are registered using the same login and password.

andyh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 01:30:14 PM »
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the reply. I assumed it must work something like that as the login / password is all the info available. I had set my iCS with a very simple login / password which I shall now change before I go 'external'.

Great bit of software, Andy.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 04:09:57 PM »
Thanks! :)