Author Topic: Win7 ICamSource Not Responding  (Read 2937 times)

TrippinBilly

• View Profile
Win7 ICamSource Not Responding
« on: December 24, 2010, 06:56:50 AM »
I am experiencing a problem that within 12 hrs, ICamSource is "Not Responding."  What I mean by that is that when I go to my Win7 Desktop and open the instance of ICamSource that is running from the Systray, the ICamSource window opens, but does not fully paint.  When I click on it, the Window Title displays (Not Responding).  I had the version installed previous to 2.2.1, so I installed 2.2.1 hoping that would resolve the issue.  No luck.

From ICam, what happens over this period of time, I can see all four of my cameras initially (first launch ICamSource).  Eventually, I lose one camera and then all four (eg can't see them on my iPhone).  no error messages.  The cameras are fine as I can log into them and see video.   So, it's not related to my camera or my network.

Any hints or tips for me to try to isolate where my issue is?

Thanks,
Scott

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Win7 ICamSource Not Responding
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 03:10:20 PM »
What is the Brand/Model of your webcams?

If they are USB webcams, are they plugged into a USB hub or extension cable?  If so, try plugging it directly into the computer to see if that has any effect onthe behavior.

If they are network cameras, try switching  from MJPEG to JPEG mode (or vice-versa) in iCamSource to see that that has any effect.

TrippinBilly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 07:06:01 PM »
I don't think that's the source of the problem.  I wasn't having this problem before.

So, ICamSource started to act flaky after resetting it (e.g. stopped and restarted).  I noticed that one of my cameras was not showing up on my iPhone through iCam.  When I went to my desktop, iCamSource was running at 60% CPU utilization even with the detect motion setting slid all the way to Less Often.  So, I stopped iCamSource.  Interestingly, the CPU Utilization for iCamSource is still reading 50% even with iCamSource set to Stop.  

Why would that be happening?  Normally, with the Less Often setting, CPU Utilization is at 20%.  To me, it sounds like one of the worker threads is having issues, probably when it can't connect to a network camera and it has to retry.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 07:08:13 PM by TrippinBilly »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 11:22:10 AM »
If it is an issue connecting to a network camera, then switching the mode may help, especially if the problem is a worker thread having connectivity problems.  The two modes use different methods of requesting the data from the webcam.  Are your cameras currently set to MJPEG mode or JPEG mode?  Please try switching all of your cameras to the other mode to see if that has any effect.

TrippinBilly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 03:03:34 PM »
So far, it's working with the JPEG mode.