Author Topic: APPCRASH - IcamSource has stopped working.  (Read 12800 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: APPCRASH - IcamSource has stopped working.
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 11:35:52 AM »
OK, I did that and the program did start. I do see 2 cameras listed. One I am not sure what it is but when I select that one the program runs but no picture, because there is no camera there. When I switch to the camera I need (X10 VA12 USB device) it crashes again, and will not open. Seems like a comflict with this new X10 driver for Windows 7 and icamsource.

If you are seeing two cameras in your Cameras list then that might be an issue. I would suggest removing the one that you are not using so that it is only trying to connect to the one camera.

Or do you mean that you are seeing two cameras in the Video drop-down list?

endrilika

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 04:47:47 PM »
I uninstalled iCamSource, deleted the folder and searched and deleted anything in the registry that contained iCamSource but it did not work after a fresh reinstall. What worked was the registry cleaner entry that you provided above http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg. Now the program runs again. Thank you...

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 08:37:55 PM »
I uninstalled iCamSource, deleted the folder and searched and deleted anything in the registry that contained iCamSource but it did not work after a fresh reinstall. What worked was the registry cleaner entry that you provided above http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg. Now the program runs again. Thank you...

Excellent news! :)

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 09:39:25 PM »
I still cannot get my icamsource to run with win 7. It opens but when I click start the program it crashes. I am trying to use an x10 driver (VA12 usb device) which is the model for win 7. I deleted the driver and reinstalled it, still n/g. I even reloaded icam source same problem. As soon as I click start with the x10 camera it crashes. ???

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010, 11:20:14 AM »
Does the X10 camera and drivers work with other webcam applications like Skype?

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 03:51:39 PM »
I am now using a usb camera, It worked with icam on win XP, it does work now with skype and win 7, BUT icamsource still crashes as soon as I click start. I did an icamsource uninstall and cleaned my registry but it still crashes.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2010, 09:44:37 PM »
Do you have the latest drivers installed for the USB webcam? I would also make sure that no other application was using the webcam when you launch and start the iCamSource. Have you tried choosing No Audio to isolate the video stream as the potential issue? Is the webcam plugged directly into your computer and not into a USB hub or extension cable?

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 03:53:25 PM »
I selected no audio, checked for the latest driver, made sure no other program is using the camera, and still as soon as I click START, the program crashes.

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2010, 03:55:33 PM »
Sorry, and the camera is NOT plugged into a hub, I plugged it in the rear or the computer. The camera works fine with Skype....

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2010, 09:19:26 PM »
I am assuming that you are only seeing one camera listed in your Cameras list in the iCamSource, correct?

It is odd that the iCamSource is crashing with a standard USB webcam.

One thing that you could try is installing ManyCam (http://www.manycam.com/) to essentially make a copy of your webcam, and use that copy as the input to the iCamSource. (This is one of the solutions that users use when they want to use a webcam with multiple applications at the same time.)

If ManyCam is able to access the webcam without crashing then the iCamSource may be able to use the manycam feed without crashing when you click the Start button.

It is not the ideal solution, but it would provide some further insight into the specifics of your crashing issue.

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2011, 05:42:12 PM »
I only have one camera, I used manycam and it works with my usb camera on manycam and icam, but it does not work with my x10 device, icam crashes and manycam says there is a problem with video device.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2011, 08:40:48 PM »
I only have one camera, I used manycam and it works with my usb camera on manycam and icam, but it does not work with my x10 device, icam crashes and manycam says there is a problem with video device.

I suppose that is positive that things do work with the USB webcam, but does ManyCam say that there is a problem with the X10 video device even without trying to connect to it using the iCamSource?

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2011, 10:24:08 PM »
Yes, but the weird thing is, it all use to work on this computer????

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 11:07:12 AM »
Do you think the new X10 driver on Windows 7 might be the issue? I know you said it all started with a Windows update that was installed ... We haven't heard of any other users with this problem, so I'm not sure if it's a wide-spread issue.  ???