Author Topic: APPCRASH - IcamSource has stopped working.  (Read 12801 times)

endrilika

• View Profile
APPCRASH - IcamSource has stopped working.
« on: December 18, 2010, 09:22:19 PM »
Hello,

I am receiving this error message as soon as I launch the application. This is on a Windows 7 - 64bit with a Microsoft LifeCam Cinema camera. Any ideas?

IcamSource has stopped working.

Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   iCamSource.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4cdd9563
  Fault Module Name:   MSVCR90.dll
  Fault Module Version:   9.0.30729.4926
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4a1743c1
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0003b690
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033

Thank you,

Endri.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: APPCRASH - IcamSource has stopped working.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 11:03:02 AM »
Do you have all of the latest Windows Updates installed? Has the iCamSource ever worked for you, or has it always crashed?

endrilika

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 02:55:07 PM »
Windows is updated, and iCamSource has worked before. I have since reloaded Windows and haven't made any hardware changes. I can't remember if it ever ran on the new install or not. I am leaning towards not. I have tried uninstalling it, cleaning the registry, and reinstalling but to no good.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 09:58:11 PM »
Is the camera plugged directly into your computer and not into a USB hub or extension cable? Do you have the latest webcam drivers installed?

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 01:58:12 PM »
I have the same exact problem, icam source worked fine on my new PC with Windows 7. Today I got a windows update and now icam source does not work. Not sure if that is the reason, but it was the only change I can think of. I am plugged right into computer, icam source may open but as soon as you chick start BAM "icam source has stopped working" Then if you try to open the program again you get "icamsource.exe has stopped working" the program won't even open.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 04:24:36 PM »
I have the same exact problem, icam source worked fine on my new PC with Windows 7. Today I got a windows update and now icam source does not work. Not sure if that is the reason, but it was the only change I can think of. I am plugged right into computer, icam source may open but as soon as you chick start BAM "icam source has stopped working" Then if you try to open the program again you get "icamsource.exe has stopped working" the program won't even open.

Does rebooting your computer help? Do you have the latest webcam drivers installed? Are there any other applications that might be using the webcam when you are attempting to connect to it using the iCamSource?

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 07:19:23 PM »
The only thing rebooting does is it lets icam program run but as soon as I hit start I get "icam shut down". There is nothing else using the camera, icam just stopped working today.

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 07:20:48 PM »
one more thnig, I did a uninstall of icam source and downloaded and installed it again,still no go.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 09:23:55 PM »
Do you perhaps have more than one camera listed in your Cameras list? If you have duplicate entries in your Cameras list that can cause instability with the iCamSource. If you only have one camera in your Cameras list, are the Video and Audio inputs correct?

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 10:32:58 PM »
On my Windows 7 PC I have one camera, I have a Windows XP PC with 2 cameras, and that is working fine. I get on Windows 7 "icamsource has stopped working" windows will try to fix it. The crazy thing is it was working fine until today.... >:(

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 10:15:12 AM »
If the only thing that changed that you can think of was a Windows Update, do you remember what it might have been?

Have you tried choosing "No Audio" to see if something with your audio input might be the issue? Does your webcam work with other applications on your computer still? Have you tried using a different webcam on your Windows 7 computer to see if that makes any difference?

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 03:27:42 PM »
Not sure what updaqte I got, but now I cannot even start the program, I always get "icamsource.exe has stopped working"  Windows will try to fix the problem. The nothing. Even after reinstalling icam source, same problem.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 08:08:44 PM »
If the iCamSource is now crashing when you first launch it then you might want to try completely cleaning the registry of your iCamSource settings after uninstalling, so that when you re-install there are no lingering settings that might cause issues.

I would suggest completely uninstalling the iCamSource from your computer, deleting the C:\Program Files\iCamSource folder, and then downloading and running the following registry cleaner to remove the iCamSource's registry settings: http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 10:17:20 PM »
OK, I did that and the program did start. I do see 2 cameras listed. One I am not sure what it is but when I select that one the program runs but no picture, because there is no camera there. When I switch to the camera I need (X10 VA12 USB device) it crashes again, and will not open. Seems like a comflict with this new X10 driver for Windows 7 and icamsource.

endrilika

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 08:05:44 AM »
I will clean the registry manually, since I just found that the registry cleaning tool that I tried previously does not clean as good as I thought. Will let you know if it works.