Author Topic: multiple cams  (Read 7939 times)

dvdfuel

• View Profile
Re: multiple cams
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 10:40:43 AM »
Anyone have success getting this to work yet?  I'm running into the same problem.  I have two usb cameras (Logitech Quickcam Vision Pro) hooked up to my Mac.  I'm able to load iCamSource and swap back and forth between the two cameras so I know both cameras work.  When I run a copy of iCamSource it launches the program but, as other users have posted, I only get a black screen.  It sees both cameras because I have the choice of choosing Logitech or Logitech #2.  But I'm unable to see anything from the second source.  I've read that some people have made this work so please let me know if I'm missing a step.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: multiple cams
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 02:21:01 PM »
Are both cameras plugged directly into the computer, or into a USB hub? If they are plugged into a USB hub, try plugging them directly into the computer.

Is it a desktop Mac, Mac mini, or MacBook? Do you have any other software running that might be attempting to use the webcam? What version of OS X are you running? Have you installed all of the latest Mac OS X updates? Do you have any other webcams available to test with?