Author Topic: All 4 cam's = fast. 1 full screen = slow  (Read 9468 times)

boa

• View Profile
All 4 cam's = fast. 1 full screen = slow
« on: November 27, 2010, 04:26:33 AM »
Does anyone know why my cam runs almost real-time when viewing the 4 windows.

When I make the video full screen it slows to around 1 frame every 3-4 seconds....wierd.

I'm new to iPhone 4 last few days so still figuring stuff out. Played around with image quality that didnt do anything apart from make the image quality h0rrible, and still slow.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: All 4 cam's = fast. 1 full screen = slow
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 10:49:37 AM »
Are you connecting via 3G or WiFi? If you choose No Audio in the Audio drop-down does that make any difference?

boa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 04:48:24 PM »
Hi,

It's on Wifi, local and remote.

No audio doesn't seem to increase the frame rate at all.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 07:28:10 PM »
Do you have a strong local WiFi signal when you connect? What operating system are you running on your computer?

boa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 12:37:29 AM »
Yep fast connection, 20 meg line.

Running on windows 7 32bit

boa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 12:42:11 AM »
Also one other query.

If my webcam is being broadcast with icamsource, can it still be on used on msn, skype, etc..?

I had a black screen on skype and had to stop the icamsource whilst using the cam on skype, which was a pain.

+1 for adding remote start/stop for icamsource also, just incase the cam needs a reeboot. Or if the camera is un-plugged and plugged back in whilst icamsource is running.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 03:29:25 AM »
You can download ManyCam, a free software, to clone your camera so that you can use it in multiple programs at the same time.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 08:20:09 AM »
What is the % CPU usage of the iCamSource when zoomed out and zoomed in? Also, what does the approximate frame rate change from when the iCamSource's image quality slider is set to "Better Frame Rate" vs. "Better Image Quality" ?

boa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 03:45:10 PM »
I will check CPU usage later.

It could be something to do with my wireless network? Going to get a Wireless-n router this week to test.

Frame rate doesn't change when I set image quality to lowest...

Thanks for the ManyCam recommendation!!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 03:47:31 PM by boa »

boa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 04:20:42 PM »
I still have one issue...

If I launch the icamsource program and leave my place, and the cam dies throughout the day, or the computer restarts, or the cam is un-plugged/plugged back in, the icamsource needs to be stopped and started to re-send the video.

Is there a way around this???

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 08:30:54 PM »
@boa - It may have something to do with your WiFi network, especially if your network is particularly busy or there is interference from other networks / wireless devices.

You can setup the iCamSource to automatically run and start if your computer is rebooted, but if the webcam dies or is unplugged and plugged back in currently you will have to stop and restart the iCamSource.

Craig0

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 01:04:12 PM »
I have the same problem.  Running icamsource 2.1.6 on Windows 7 64 bit.  I am actually only running two cameras.  Both cameras are wired, icam is running on my iphone4 connected over local wifi.  

Don't believe it is related to my wifi network as I am able to stream 1080p movies with a bit rate exceeding 30mbit/sec over my wifi network

Does anyone know why my cam runs almost real-time when viewing the 4 windows.

When I make the video full screen it slows to around 1 frame every 3-4 seconds....wierd.

I'm new to iPhone 4 last few days so still figuring stuff out. Played around with image quality that didnt do anything apart from make the image quality h0rrible, and still slow.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 01:19:59 PM by Craig0 »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 03:34:40 PM »
What is the % CPU usage of the iCamSource in the Task Manager when you are zoomed-out and zoomed-in on a camera? If you run the iCamSource just with one webcam connected, does that improve the frame rate when zoomed in?

Craig0

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 09:56:53 AM »
What is the % CPU usage of the iCamSource in the Task Manager when you are zoomed-out and zoomed-in on a camera? If you run the iCamSource just with one webcam connected, does that improve the frame rate when zoomed in?

The CPU utilization doesn't change when zooming in or out.  It typical hovers between 9 -12% on my Core i7 920 CPU. Whether I have one webcam or two connected doesn't change the performance.   

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 01:37:28 PM »
If you uninstall 2.1.6 and install the previous version (2.1.5) do you see the same frame rate issue? - http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup2.1.5.exe