Author Topic: 3 cams in source ...1 not streaming to IPhone?  (Read 1937 times)

PatM

• View Profile
3 cams in source ...1 not streaming to IPhone?
« on: November 24, 2010, 11:29:15 AM »
First ...amazing product!  All the features I want and nothing complex or unnecessary. 

Okay, so the problem.  I downloaded the source program to my XP laptop a couple nights ago.  Right away I had my local USB cam connected and streaming.  Once I got my Lorex IP cams in mjpg mode, they quickly came to life as well.  So I had 3 streams on my Ifon.  Great!

The next day windows rebooted my machine, so I restarted the source app.  For some reason one of the Lorex cams wasn't streaming to my phone.  I assumed the cam had an issue ...but then later in the day it appeared.  Any idea why?  Assuming it wasn't an issue withe the Lorex. 

Now today's issue (my main issue).  Again, windows rebooted my machine (hadn't been on in awhile so it's getting caught up with all of Bill's security fixes).  I restarted the source program, and it all seemed fine.  But when I pulled up my IPhone app ...the local USB cam wasn't there.  Just the two IP cams.  The video stream from the USB cam was present on my laptop screen ...and my IPhone even sent me a push notification that it detected movement on that cam!  I opened the iCam app again ...but still this video feed wasn't there.  Any ideas what might cause this?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: 3 cams in source ...1 not streaming to IPhone?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 02:00:13 PM »
Had you installed icamsource previously, and then reinstalled it? Or have you only installed icamsource once (ever) on that computer?

Is the Lorex IP camera a wireless camera? Or is it wired? Is the video feed password protected?

Is your USB webcam hooked up directly to the computer, or hooked up through a USB hub or extension cord?

PatM

• View Profile
Re: 3 cams in source ...1 not streaming to IPhone?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 10:25:03 AM »
Fresh install of icamsource - first time.  Lorex is wireless and password protected, but has been working smoothly since the initial issue.  Occasionally one cam won't be there, but remote a refresh fixes it.

The USB cam is direct connected, and as stated was streaming fine to the PC - just the iPhone app wasn't seeing it.  That did eventually come to life without making any changes or even restarting the source ...it just started working later that day. 

So, all in all things seem to be running.  One of the Lorex seemed to hang after a day or so - frustrating but may be the nature of that beast.  I have a couple Dlink DCS-920s on order to try as well.  Super cheap now at $50 @ amazon.