Author Topic: iCamSource on iBook G3 800Mhz, 10.4  (Read 3345 times)

icam_Al

• View Profile
iCamSource on iBook G3 800Mhz, 10.4
« on: November 24, 2010, 11:31:38 AM »
I recently purchased iCam, I can't seem to get iCamSource running at all (it doesn't even open).  I tried the current version of iCamSource and the previous version (1.4.2.6)

I'm trying to run iCamSource on a spare iBook G3 800Mhz.  It has Mac OS X 10.4 on it as per the system requirements.   The app is shown as being Universal, so I didn't expect any issues.  Is there any reason it won't work on an iBook G3?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: iCamSource on iBook G3 800Mhz, 10.4
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 02:01:22 PM »
What is the problem? Icamsource won't install? Or it installs properly and adds the video feed properly, but you just aren't able to view it on your phone?

icam_Al

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 07:05:07 PM »
iCamSource installs just fine (just drag into Applications folder).  However, if I try to launch iCamSource, it just doesn't run.  No error messages or anything.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 07:32:08 PM »
Wow, that sounds fun. I'm sure the SKJM guys can help you out. They should respond soon.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 07:37:01 PM »
If the iCamSource window isn't appearing, that may mean it's hidden.  If it is, there will be a small iCamSource icon in the Menubar (top right corner of the screen).  The icon is a small version of the iCam icon (camera lens).  From this icon, you can stop, start, or quit iCamSource.  If you select "Preferences" it will display the iCamSource window.

If you can't find the icon, it might mean that iCamSource is crashing.  If iCamSource is crashing, there should be crash logs.

The crash logs would be in:

/Users/<Your Username>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

or in:

/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

If you find crash logs, please email the most recent one to support@skjm.com.  Please refer to this forum thread in your email.

icam_Al

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 09:09:52 PM »
I checked for crash logs but there were none, so I then thought I would try re-downloading iCamSource. This time it did work.

Before, I had downloaded it on my Macbook Pro, and I put the iCamSource app (not the dmg file) in my Dropbox folder to transfer it to the iBook (to save the "effort" of re-downloading it on the iBook).  It seems that sending an app through Dropbox apparently causes it to lose something in the process.  I believe I understand why (OS X apps are actually a package/directory etc.) but I've never ran into that with Dropbox until now, so I didn't think of it.

That being said, iCamSource now runs, but I get "Connection Lost" messages on the phone after a few seconds. I'll read up on some other topics for troubleshooting tips for that.

Thanks OUAnthony and Jay for the replies!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 01:46:23 AM »
If you're still experiencing that "Connection Lost" issue, please email your computer's external IP address to support@skjm.com.  To get the external IP address, go to http://whatismyip.com in your computer's web browser.  Please refer to this forum thread in your email.