Author Topic: iCam Lite - Free Edition  (Read 4959 times)

mrzali

• View Profile
iCam Lite - Free Edition
« on: January 19, 2011, 03:03:10 AM »
Hi iCam developers,

I have one suggestion. Why not you guys release a free version of the iCam. It's a trend in the App Store to release the Lite/Free version. I thinks there is not much development to do. Just use the iCamWeb - http://skjm.com/icam/web/ . Create an application that launch Safari browser. Modify the page to fit the iPhone screen + remove the captcha. Done. You have the iCam Lite.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: iCam Lite - Free Edition
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 06:41:13 PM »
I like that idea...I think more people would be willing to give it a try and see how they like it. Plus, there's plenty of incentive to buy the full app (viewing motion events, enable/disable motion detection, etc.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 10:58:13 PM »
We've discussed releasing a lite version before.  There are a few issues that prevent us from doing it.  iCam uses a server to help initiate the peer to peer connections. The increased load from a lite version would increase our bandwidth costs and probably server hardware costs as well.  Also, iCam requires a higher level of support than most apps, such as games.  We've worked to minimize the support required, but there will always be networks that require some sort of manual configuration to allow the phone to communicate with the computer.  A lite version would drastically increase the amount of support required. 

Icamuser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 03:31:09 PM »
We need the support and an iCam Lite does not help pay for it.  If one has a PC and camera(s) and time to mess with it then one can afford to buy the app.

mitsukuni

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 07:21:02 PM »
Agreed. $5 is very cheap when you have guys who are willing to do what it takes to make it work for you... a downright bargain!