Author Topic: iCam working for months and now failing on my account info?  (Read 4541 times)

viop-ninja

• View Profile
iCam working for months and now failing on my account info?
« on: October 07, 2010, 02:07:13 PM »
Just yesterday I noticed that iCam on my iPhones and iPad have all stopped working.  The error is an unusual one that I have not seen before,

"No Sources Found"
There are currently no running
iCamSources associated with your existing login and password

???

I suspect that my user account is hung on the iCam servers.  Any way to check it out and verify it?  I've restarted the iCamsource service (latest version) on my server box but it has not resolved the issue.

Any thoughts on fixing are welcome.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam working for months and now failing on my account info?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 03:32:07 PM »
Have you tried re-entering the iCam Login and Password in the iCamSource and iCam?

You may need to reset your iCamSource settings if they have gotten into a bad state. I am assuming that you are running the Windows version, correct? If you download and run the following file your iCamSource registry settings will be reset, so you will need to re-enter the information, but hopefully then you will be able to connect: http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

There is also some more information on the No Sources Found error message in our new iCam Help section: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam1

viop-ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 03:59:56 PM »
Have you tried re-entering the iCam Login and Password in the iCamSource and iCam?

You may need to reset your iCamSource settings if they have gotten into a bad state. I am assuming that you are running the Windows version, correct? If you download and run the following file your iCamSource registry settings will be reset, so you will need to re-enter the information, but hopefully then you will be able to connect: http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

There is also some more information on the No Sources Found error message in our new iCam Help section: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam1

Yes, I've re-entered the login and password information on both the iCamSource as well as the various i-clients.  Still no dice.  If I disable my iCam service and run it manually I can clearly see it says it is connected to the iCam server, so I know that the PC hosting the software appears to be working correctly (I see all of my video feeds, etc, so I know the settings are correct).

Is there nothing else that can be done from the server side to bounce or bump my login?  I'm still under the impression that my login is "stuck" on the server somehow.  I suppose I could create a new account and test it out which would prove that is the case.

viop-ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 04:07:02 PM »
Okay, a little update here.

I started up iCam with a different login/password combination and entered this into my i-devices.  Here's where it gets interesting;

1.  It started to work.
2.  on an iPhone 4 it initially showed six tiled camera windows even though there are only three cameras in use.
3.  After a few seconds it kicked another "source" error but then after refresh it was back to the four camera tiled view with my three cameras showing.

So, I think I more or less proved my point, there's something hosed up in iCam broker right now.  Maybe he needs a reboot?  :)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 09:22:42 PM »
If you revert everything back to your original login / password are then again able to connect?

viop-ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 09:49:27 PM »
If you revert everything back to your original login / password are then again able to connect?

yes, it appears to be working now with the old login, I guess whatever was stuck in the broker got released.  Also, worth noting that the six camera pane in the iphone and nine camera pane in the ipad coming up temporarily seems pretty consistent, appears to be a bug.... the bug being that initially it comes up with too many empty panes for the number of cameras, then connection broker throws a connection error, then upon re-establishment to the broker it shows the correct number of camera windows (4 windows for 3 active cameras).

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 11:32:21 AM »
It may be an issue with the iCamSource being recently stopped and re-started. If the iCamSource has recently been stopped and then restarted then there will be stale entries in the iCam Broker Server. Once they time out (in a minute or so) you should only be seeing the active cameras.