Author Topic: iCamSource sending screen shots  (Read 2348 times)

Icamuser

• View Profile
iCamSource sending screen shots
« on: January 09, 2010, 08:53:34 PM »
I monitor my building in another state with a DVR software on a PC with a video capture card and 4 cameras.  On the laptop is the companion software to monitor and control the remote cameras. I get the same 4 camera image on the laptop as on the remote PC.

I have iCam and was curious if iCamSource would ever be able to grab the screen on my laptop and send my iPhone the picture of the four cameras coming from the remote PC?

I suppose one way would be to aim the laptop/iCamSource camera at the laptop screen displaying the remote 4 camera image.  Hmm. Must try that when I get back to the home state- a camera watching a camera.
-Doug

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSource sending screen shots
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 11:21:08 AM »
I believe that there is an application called ManyCam which allows you to use a portion of your screen as a webcam input: http://www.manycam.com/

Hopefully that will work out for you.  :)

Icamuser

• View Profile
Scary! It Works
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 12:12:19 PM »
Works like a charm.  iCamSource uses ManyCam as its source and ManyCam uses the desktop as its source. So now I am can watch the output from a video DVR on a PC with 4 cameras 700 miles away via my laptop and iCam and iPhone.  When you use the active desktop while testing you see an image within an image within an image until the resolution of the screen is not fine enough.  It is like looking into an infinity mirror.

I like how iCam uses sequential screen shots, it lowers overhead significantly.  This iCam/iCamSource/ManyCam opens up some new experimentation.  Neat stuff.

Doug