Author Topic: Viewing iCam using Internet Explorer on Windows 8  (Read 2398 times)

SteveFry

• View Profile
Viewing iCam using Internet Explorer on Windows 8
« on: January 17, 2014, 12:08:19 AM »
I have been using iCam, and working fine.  I upgraded my computer, and now have iCam Source running on Windows 8.1 Pro.  I upgraded to the latest iCam Source.  However, when I try to view the cameras using iCam on the web (skim/icam/web/), I am blocked "by my security level".  I have gone to the JAVA control panel and set the security level to the lowest setting (which they call "Medium").  I have added skim.com to the list of exceptions (sites allowed through), but still cannot connect via the web.  What can I do to see my cams using Internet Explorer in Windows 8.1 Pro?

Thanks.

Steve Fry

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Viewing iCam using Internet Explorer on Windows 8
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 05:06:50 PM »
Please make sure that iCamSource is "Allowed" in the Windows firewall settings. More information about Windows Firewall Exceptions can be found here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-xp/help/networking/using-windows-firewall

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

SteveFry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 05:37:58 PM »
I will add the exception, but ...

The Firewall has been OFF since I bought the computer - mainly because I'm configuring it, and it will be used in an observatory, where there will be no data stored on it (or access to the local network).

ALSO, I found - today - that going to skim.com/icam/web using an older Mac (Sys 10.7, I think) gave the same problem - said "connecting", but never connected - even thought I did OK the certificate/JAVA, etc.

Steve

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 07:14:22 PM »
Please send a screenshot of the iCamSource to support@skjm.com, while it is running, so we can verify the settings. Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

SteveFry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 12:29:16 AM »
It is running very well now.  I don't think I have changed anything in my system, but now I can view the video using iCam/web.  However, it is disconcerting to have to click 4 times to get through the JAVA blocker warnings ...

Steve