Author Topic: New to Macs - how to question  (Read 1659 times)

rickmc

• View Profile
New to Macs - how to question
« on: December 23, 2009, 06:03:51 PM »
I am new to Macs, am a PC guy and am baffled why it is so difficult to bring up a "task manager"?  How do you obtain a list of running processes/applications?  I run iCamSource and the green light on the mac camera comes on but I can not figure out for the life of me how to bring up the preferences so I can choose an IP camera?

2nd question I have is, I have 3 IP cameras, do I need 3 additional computers to run a version of iCamSource to allow my iCam iPhone software view them?  Shouldn't we be able to specify multiple cameras for iCamSource to stream data to the iPhone app?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rick

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New to Macs - how to question
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 02:26:00 AM »
The utility you're looking for is called Activity Monitor.  It's in the Applications -> Utilities folder.

When iCamSource is running on a Mac, there is a small icon in the Menubar (top of screen).  You can access the iCamSource window from that icon's pop-up menu.

Many users have had success viewing multiple cameras on the same computer by running multiple instances of iCamSource.

To do that on a Mac, you'll need to make a copy of the iCamSource application for each camera.  First, run the first iCamSource and set up the first camera.  Then run the second copy of iCamSource and set up the second camera. 

In order to watch all of the cameras on your iPhone at the same time, make sure that all instances of iCamSource have the exact same login and password entered.