Author Topic: icamsource connecting.........  (Read 1633 times)

krism

• View Profile
icamsource connecting.........
« on: October 08, 2012, 07:46:39 PM »
hello im new to icam. my name is kris and im trying to figure out how to get this thing up and running. but before i ask my question let me start by saying ive done everything from enable upnp allowed icam through firewall disabled router firewall manual ports and everything else ive been reading. i have a sony laptop with built in cam. and when i click start it says connecting....... cant get it to say connected to server please help!!! :(

Merlin

• View Profile
Re: icamsource connecting.........
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 09:50:12 PM »
I didn't see if you tried the Auto-Config Router at the bottom left of iCamSource?

Merlin

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: icamsource connecting.........
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 12:48:14 AM »
If you already have port forwarding configured on your router, we would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12001 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is "open." If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

Also, please send a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration to support @skjm.com, so we can verify the settings.