Author Topic: New computer, same settings, no luck  (Read 3378 times)

jzmn27

• View Profile
New computer, same settings, no luck
« on: February 07, 2010, 12:59:51 PM »
I have a new Mac Mini that I'm trying to configure as my iCam server.  I have two webcams and one wireless camera connected with a separate iCamSource instance running for each.  When I open preferences I can see the feed from the webcams but I cannot see the feed from the wireless camera.  When I run iCamSource on my Macbook I can see the wireless camera in preferences.  When I run Icam on the iPhone I can see the feed from the Macbook but nothing comes across from the Mini. ???

I've double and triple checked all of my settings on iCamSource and everything is identical.  The only difference I know of between the two computers is the Macbook is on OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard) and the Mini is running OS X 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard).  Is there something different I should be doing on Snow Leopard than on Leopard?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New computer, same settings, no luck
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 09:45:41 PM »
There shouldn't be any difference between Leopard and Snow Leopard.

Do you see an error message when you click Start in iCamSource?  If so, what does the message say exactly?

The first thing to check is to make sure that you're using the exact same URL on both computers and that there aren't any typos in the URL.

jzmn27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 09:56:32 PM »
There is no error message, just no picture from the wireless camera.  There is no Source Connection Error, just, the message "No Sources Found". I think there's something buried in the security settings on the Mini that is causing a problem with certain types of accessibility, including iCam.  I've got firewall settings set the same as the Macbook but I'm wondering if there is something else interfering.  There are other programs (iPhoto for example) that aren't communicating properly either.  I'm still digging but I thought I'd check to see if there was any known issues.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 02:48:20 AM »
If iCamSource isn't connecting properly to the camera, then you won't be able to connect to it with iCam on the iPhone, so you'll continue to get the "No Sources Found Error" until the problem of connecting to the camera is fixed.

Are you able to view video from the camera through the web browser on your Mini?

If there isn't a typo in the MJPEG URL in iCamSource, please email a screenshot of iCamSource running on the Mini to support@skjm.com.  Please refer to this forum thread i n your email.

jzmn27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 08:38:26 PM »
Thanks, Jay.  Let me restate the situation.  I have three different problems.  All problems are with getting it to work on my Mac Mini running Snow Leopard.

I have 2 USB webcams connected to the Mini.  I can open iCamSource Preferences and view the camera image for both of these cameras.  I cannot see either on the iPhone.  I have confirmed the username and password on both ends.

I have an Airlink 101 SkyIPCam500W wireless network camera.  I can view it through the web browser on the Mini.  I can view it through iCamSource on my Macbook.  I cannot see it on iCamSource on the Mini.  I have confirmed the URLs are the same on both computers as are all usernames and passwords.  When iCamSource is running on the Macbook, I can view it on my iPhone.

Autostart does not work on any of the instances of iCamSource on the Mini.  I have to manually start it every time. It works fine on my Macbook.

I just checked the Console and found error messages related to iCamSource.  I am emailing the screen grab of this window to you.

jzmn27

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 11:42:58 AM »
This is the Console message I'm getting on the Mac Mini (OS X 10.6.2) when iCamSource starts.

2/13/10 5:54:10 PM   iCamSource[1937]   Exception raised during posting of notification.  Ignored.  exception: 'Invalid parameter not satisfying: (index >= 0) && (index < [_itemArray count])'  invoked observer method: '*** -[iCamSourceAppDelegate applicationDidFinishLaunching:]'  observer: 0x51ace0  notification name: 'NSApplicationDidFinishLaunchingNotification'

iCamSource will not communicate with the server and it will not auto-start the camera.  I'm no OS expert but this message looks like something is interrupting the normal launch of the app and as a result it won't function properly.  I'm certain it's something in the configuration of the Mini but I'm out of ideas.  Any suggestions on what is causing this error message?

I've trying to get it to work on a single web cam now.  I've changed to new username and password on the Mini and the iPhone.  I can see the camera in the Preferences screen on the computer.  But I still get the "No Sources Found" message on the iPhone.  Everything still works fine on my Macbook so it's not my network.