Author Topic: Push Notification not Working with iCamsource 1.4.1  (Read 2568 times)

SteveC

• View Profile
Push Notification not Working with iCamsource 1.4.1
« on: December 15, 2009, 05:54:54 PM »
I purchased push notification several months ago and it was working fine with my iPhone 3GS.  However, I just updated iCamsource to 1.4.1, and updated the iCam app, and now push isn't working.  Is this a common problem with the the new software and/or app?  If not, is there any way to troubleshoot this?  Thanks.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Push Notification not Working with iCamsource 1.4.1
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 09:36:17 PM »
This is the first that we have heard of Push Notifications not working with the iCamSource 1.4.1

Have you been able to connect to the iCamSource with your iCam?

If you are still having issues then if you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem.

SteveC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 02:27:53 PM »
Thanks for your reply.  I've been able to connect to iCamSource from the iCam app.  The picture is clear, I'm receiving audio, and the record motion function works.  It's only push notification that doesn't seem to work, even though the push button is on.

I'll send an email to the address you listed.

ruben

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 06:16:10 AM »
Hi SteveC,

Do you have a jailbroken+hacktivated iPhone?
iPhones using a simcard not originally supported by Apple are not able to connect to the Pushservers of Apple.

This has to do with the certificate you download from Apple the first time you connect to internet with your iphone.

Do other apps with push work? If not.. The problem does not lay within iCam.. If so.. maybe the helpdesk can help you out ;)

for others who seek help restoring there certificate.. check out pushfix.info

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 10:41:46 AM »
Thanks for the reply, ruben. :)

It actually turned out that Push Notifications were turned off on in his iPhone's Settings > Notifications. Once they were turned on, everything worked fine.  :)