Author Topic: Stopped working after 12 hours (+other issue) - Resolved :)  (Read 4630 times)

kat065

• View Profile
Stopped working after 12 hours (+other issue) - Resolved :)
« on: August 30, 2009, 05:26:39 PM »
I purchased the product last night and installed the source on an iMac and a Vista machine. No problems at all I had 2 live cameras displaying on my iPhone. Mucked around with it on and off for 2 hours or so no problem. I put the iMac to sleep for the night and left the Vista machine on overnight. This morning when I opened the software on my iPhone (and turned the iMac on) it says on my phone "Source Connection Error - One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to". I checked the Source software on both the iMac and the Vista machine and they are both running and displaying the video image. I checked and both machines have the same IP address as they did last night. I managed to get it working as it should be by closing and reopening the Source software on both machines which obviously is not what I want to have to do. This will completely defeat the purpose of why I purchase the software for remote monitoring 24/7.

The other issue is regarding the notifications. I paid for the upgrade but can only turn it on for the iMac, the Vista machine has the box greyed out in the source and you cannot turn it on. I tried switching it off on the iMac but it still would not give me the option of turning it on the Vista machine. I hope these issues are both easily fixed since I purchased the software based on the fantastic reviews in the App store especially stating how trouble free the product was.

Note I checked today and it is connecting on both 3G and WiFi (after restarting the Source software as described above)

Thanks in advance for your response.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:09:09 AM by kat065 »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Stopped working after 12 hours (+other issue)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 12:30:36 AM »
That's strange, usually Source Connection errors show up right away, not after a few hours.

Please go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from one of the computers running the iCamSource and get the computer's external IP address.  Please email the IP address to support@skjm.com, then I can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and further troubleshoot the problem.  The server logs should also have information to help troubleshoot the push notification issue as well.

kat065

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 01:53:05 AM »
I'll email it now as requested with the note below.

Update to the problem: It worked fine all day on both 3G and Wi-Fi then from nowhere it stopped after about 8 hours of operation (about 20 minutes ago). I restarted the source on both computers and its working fine again for now.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 02:57:38 AM by kat065 »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 06:22:55 PM »
kat065 is getting technical support for this problem through email.  If there is any new information regarding the problem, I'll post it in this thread.

jsn76

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 04:50:31 AM »
Hi Kat & Jay,
How did things go with fixing this issue? As I'm having the same issue.
When the MBP is put to sleep, the icamsource doesn't autostart when woken up. When I restart the source it works perfectly again.
The only way I've found to get around this is to log out before I put the mac to sleep & then the autostart works when you log back in.
Regards,
jsn76

kat065

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 05:42:02 AM »
Update (JSN read on) - All is working perfectly now (even the issue with motion notifications) after the quick tech support tweak. Turns out the issue was actually with my ISP but the guys here still resolved it. I am 1000% satisfied with the product (unreal I've been showing people and they are just like "no way"!) and 1000% satisfied with the support.  Best iPhone app on my phone (and I have some great ones) - Thanks JM
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 05:44:04 AM by kat065 »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Stopped working after 12 hours (+other issue) - Resolved :)
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 03:05:09 PM »
jsn76 -  What error message do you see on your phone when the iCamSource is in that bad state?

We haven't heard any other reports of similar problems from other users, but it is possible that you would get an error if your router is giving your computer a new IP address when it wakes up. 

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 03:05:57 PM »
kat065 - I'm glad everything's working for you!

kat065

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 07:55:29 PM »
Thanks for your help!

jsn76

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 10:35:18 PM »
Hi Kat, I think it's just me... Haven't had that problem for a few days now, but at the momment I'm getting no servers are available for my username/password even when I know that there are camera's active. Sorry haven't done alot of research on it .... Cheers, jsn76

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 12:53:37 AM »
jsn76 - I could diagnose your problem better if I had your computer's external IP address.  To get it, go to http://whatismyip.com in your computer's web browser and send the IP address to support@skjm.com.  Please refer to this forum thread in your email.