Author Topic: iPad sees remote iCamSource, but ipad2 doesn't.  (Read 2680 times)

nigels0

• View Profile
iPad sees remote iCamSource, but ipad2 doesn't.
« on: July 09, 2011, 06:45:39 AM »
Hi,

My iPad can see both my iCamSources (one local, one remote) and picks up 'most' of the Remote cameras - there is about a second delay before 2 or 3 (out of 4) of the camera sources show up.

On my ipad2 (same network etc.) I can't access the remote iCamSource at all! Any ideas?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: iPad sees remote iCamSource, but ipad2 doesn't.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 10:02:17 AM »
Both the local and remote instances of icamsource have the same username/password combination? In both instances of icamsource, are you using the auto-router config (with uPNP enabled on your router) , or manual port forwarding, or neither?

nigels0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 12:27:08 PM »
They are using the same username/password and both routers are using the auto configuration. It isn't an issue with that part of the system as the iPad sees almost all the cameras and the iPad2 only sees the local ones.

When in the remote location, the iPad2 sees all cameras.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 09:11:30 PM »
Please go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and send your external IP address to support@skjm.com so we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

andrew

• View Profile
Re: ipad2 doesn't work on ipcam
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 06:11:14 AM »
The problem seems to lie with Automatic Port forwarding  , on my iPhone 3gs it comes up with
UPnp Success 80 -> 80 (in the advanced options) and i can connect from external ip
but on my ipad2 it says
UPNP_AddPortMapping() Error 402 - invalid argsNAT-PM...
and connection is nil

any help in getting this running on my ipad2 would be great

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 11:50:54 AM »
The add port mapping error indicates that there's already a port forwarding rule for that port in the router. Have you manually configured port forwarding in your router? If not, your router might be in a bad state. Try rebooting your router. To reboot the router, unplug the power cable for about 10 seconds, then plug it back in. Once the router has rebooted, try relaunching iCamSource.