Author Topic: Android On 3G  (Read 1450 times)

Jimbo

• View Profile
Android On 3G
« on: January 13, 2011, 08:10:18 AM »
I am having a problem viewing camera's on my orange phone. I have 4 camera's connected to 2 computer (one xp and one windows 7). I connect remotely via a Mi-Fi on the 3 network. On my ipod touch I can view all 4 camera's with no problems however when I try connecting with my Orange San Francisco (android 2.1 on Wi-Fi) via the Mi-Fi I only get a rotating circle and the message Connecting to iCamSources. I cannot get any access to the program on my phone to check the settings as the message comes up straight away. All 4 camera's are usb camera's and I have ticked the android box in the audio source in case that is related

Had a quick read on the forum but could see nothing related. Any ideas.....

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Android On 3G
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 11:10:10 AM »
It sounds like you are able to connect via iCam on the iPod touch when connecting via WiFi but you are unable to connect via your Android phone when it is connected to the same WiFi network, is that correct?

You could try clearing iCam's application data by opening your Android's Settings > Applications > Manage Applications screen, selecting iCam, and then tapping Clear Data. That will allow you to re-enter your iCam Login and Password settings.

Jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 03:49:05 AM »
Hi Stefan

Yes, your description is right. I am using the same wi-fi connection for both devices but the ipod works and the phone does not. Had a chance last night to do some more digging and found that the clear data button was greyed out, so I unistalled iCam and then re-installed it again to see if that would make any difference but still refused to work.

This morning however I tried both devices on the same network as the camera's are on, and both devices worked ok. Does both devices use the same ports as it looks more like a ports issue than a connection issue. Just to double check I used my 3 mobile connection (I am in the UK if that helps) and I had the same problem that the ipod work and the phone does not so it looks like it is something onto either my 3 mobile or the setup of my MI-Fi (ZTE 585).

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 11:05:41 AM »
The "Clear data" button was grayed out? That's odd.  ???

If both your phone and iPod touch worked when they were connected to the same WiFi network as the cameras that indicates that iCam is configured correctly on your phone and is functioning as expected.

Two devices should be able to connect at the same time, although it may depend on the details of the networks themselves as well as how the iCamSources have been configured.

If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from one of the computers running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Please reference this forum post in your e-mail.