Author Topic: Location of iCamSource configuration file  (Read 5144 times)

nigels0

• View Profile
Location of iCamSource configuration file
« on: May 13, 2011, 04:31:33 PM »
Hi,

I've done something stupid; just deleted the cameras from iCamSource. I could recover the file with Time Machine, if only I knew which one it is!

I'm using a Mac btw.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:34:12 PM by nigels0 »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Location of iCamSource configuration file
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 04:36:33 PM »
Hi,

I've done something stupid; just deleted the cameras from iCamSource. I could recover the file with Time Machine, if only I knew which one it is!

I'm using a Mac btw.

The file is com.skjm.icamsource.plist and it should be located in the Library > Preferences sub-folder in your home folder.

nigels0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 05:13:31 PM »
Worked a treat! Thanks 

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 05:30:08 PM »
You're most welcome! :)

Skyking

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 03:49:36 PM »
What is the location on a Windows 7 machine?  :)

EDITED: I read the sticky about where the pictures are located and that is not what I need.  I need the location of the configuration files.  I have a new computer I would like to transfer iCam Source to.  It would save me a lot of keystrokes if I could just copy some configuration files from the old Windows XP machine to the new Windows 7 machine.   8)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 06:35:05 AM by Skyking »

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 07:27:11 PM »
It's actually a registry entry on Windows machines. Run regedit.exe and navigate to the key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SKJM, LLC

In the left column, right-click on "SKJM, LLC" and click export. Save the file on a flash drive. On the new computer, install icamsource.exe and make sure that it is not running (no icon in the system tray). If you are using USB cameras, make sure they are plugged in and have the drivers installed. If using IP cameras, make sure the IP addresses haven't changed (they shouldn't have)...then stick the flash drive in the new computer, and double-click on the file and confirm that you want to import it. Finally, run icamsource.exe to verify that the settings are there. This should work!